Spices, cream, garlic, parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, chicken, and pasta. If that doesn’t get your attention, I wonder what will. This recipe is incredibly easy to make and sure is a crowd pleaser. Once you have cajun chicken alfredo you’ll never crave the regular stuff again.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
The unexpected flavor of sun dried tomatoes and the added heat is a great way to break up your regular chicken alfredo. It’s a slightly spicy savory take on the pasta but still stays creamy and true to its roots.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 lb fettuccine
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Season the chicken breasts with the cajun seasoning on both sides
- Add about 2-3 tbsp of veg oil to a skillet and cook the chicken for about 4 mins on each side on medium low heat.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet
- Add the garlic and sundried tomatoes to the same skillet you cooked your chicken in. sautee them for a couple a seconds and then add the heavy cream.
- Add the parmesan cheese and some extra cajun seasoning to your liking. cook sauce for about 4-5 mins on medium high heat.
- Add your fettucinne and chopped chicken to the sauce and serve.
Do not use the entire Cajun Seasoning! only sprinkle it on chicken and use about 1/2 tsp extra for the sauce