Put a kick in a classic recipe when you make this Cajun chicken alfredo. Farfalle pasta paired with a savory, homemade white sauce makes for one comforting dish. Add cajun chicken to the mix and so hello to your new favorite recipe.
When it comes to pasta, I might be a bit obsessed. I absolutely love my Chicken and Shrimp Pasta Bake and Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta. Of course, that’s just a quick list so I don’t put you to sleep listing all the pasta recipes I love.
I decided to throw a twist on one of my favorite dinners and it turned out better than I thought. Say hello to Cajun chicken alfredo and say goodbye to ever eating it in the traditional sense again. This is one addicting recipe!
How to Make
- Cook the chicken – Heat oil in a skillet. Season the chicken with the cajun seasoning on both sides. Cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Make the sauce – Saute the garlic in the skillet after removing the chicken. Add the heavy cream. Add more cajun seasoning and the parmesan cheese. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Combine – Cook and add the cooked pasta and the chicken to the sauce. Mix well, serve, and enjoy!
Top Tips For The Perfect Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Make your own cajun seasoning – If you don’t have cajun seasoning, on hand, you might have the seasonings to make your own. This is my favorite recipe for homemade Cajun Seasoning!
- Use other pasta – If you don’t actually have any farfalle or fettuccine on hand, that’s not a problem. You can use just about any other pasta in its place. For example, spaghetti, penne, rigatoni, etc.
- Skip the chicken – You can always skip the chicken if desired and just eat it with the sauce and noodles.
- Make it vegan – You can use full-fat coconut milk in place of the heavy cream, vegan versions of the cheese and butter, and either nix the chicken or use tofu in its place. There are even vegan chicken replacements that aren’t tofu, but veggie based, if that’s more your style.
What Goes with Chicken Alfredo?
If you default to a classic Italian side, you can’t go wrong. You’ve got your light side salads, like this Vegetable Salad with Homemade Italian Dressing. Your various breads, like these Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls, Cheese and Garlic Crescent Rolls, or even this Cheesy Garlic Bread. Of course, you can always go with a veggie side or even a light soup like this Instant Pot Tomato Gnocchi Soup, Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup, or Roasted Butternut Squash Soup. Lots of sides to pair it with, which is why I like to switch it up.
What is the Difference Between Chicken Alfredo and Fettuccine Alfredo?
The only difference between these two dishes is that one has chicken and the other doesn’t. Alfredo is an Italian white sauce that’s used in many dishes. It can be served over meat, veggies, noodles, etc. Fettuccine is a type of noodle. It’s the long and flat noodles you’re used to seeing most popularly served with alfredo. When it’s just the noodles and sauce, it’s fettuccine alfredo. When it’s the noodles, sauce, and chicken together, it’s chicken alfredo or fettuccine chicken alfredo.
- Fridge – Store in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
- Freezer – Place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Reheating – Reheat using the microwave or in a skillet over the stove.
You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- 1 lb farfalle pasta or fettuccine
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2-3 tsp Cajun Seasoning or to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- salt to taste
- Season the chicken breasts with the cajun seasoning on both sides.
- Add about 2-3 tbsp of vegetable oil to a skillet and cook the chicken for about 4 mins on each side on medium low heat. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the same skillet you cooked your chicken in and sautee it for a couple of seconds. Add the heavy cream.
- Add the parmesan cheese and the remaining cajun seasoning. Cook sauce for about 4-5 mins on medium-high heat.
- Add the pasta, lemon zest, and chopped chicken to the sauce and serve.
This is our new favorite Alfredo recipe!
Danielle Devargas says
Made this cajun chicken Alfredo and it was a hit with the family! I’ll definitely be making it again!