Do you love orzo as much as I do? Yes? Good! You’re in the right place. I made a very simple cheese and garlic orzo but feel free to add in any veggies you’d like. Peas and asparagus are magnificent here. You can serve this as a main dish or a side dish. Roasted chicken and a side of creamy cheesy orzo? Yes, please!
Also, this is the perfect meal for date night.
Cheesy Garlic Orzo
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 small onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnishing
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the onions until translucent.
- Stir in the fresh minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the orzo and cook for an additional minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the milk and chicken stock and let it come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the parmesan, mozzarella cheese, and remaining butter.
- Check for seasoning and garnish with parsley.