Do you love orzo as much as I do? Yes? Good! You’re in the right place. I made a very simple cheese and garlic orzo but feel free to add in any veggies you’d like. Peas and asparagus are magnificent here. You can serve this as a main dish or a side dish. Roasted chicken and a side of creamy cheesy orzo? Yes, please!
Also, this is the perfect meal for date night.
Cheesy Garlic Orzo
This creamy cheesy orzo can be made in less than 20 minutes! Perfect weeknight meal. Serve as a main course or side dish.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 19 minutes
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 small onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnishing
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the onions until translucent.
- Stir in the fresh minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the orzo and cook for an additional minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the milk and chicken stock and let it come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the parmesan, mozzarella cheese, and remaining butter.
- Check for seasoning and garnish with parsley.
- Serving Size: 2 servings