Chocolate fudge brownies never fail to make your guests happy at dessert time. Made with dark chocolate and unsweetened cocoa powder. The best brownies you will ever eat!
Where do I start? This chocolate fudge brownie recipe was the third recipe I posted on my Youtube channel more than 4 years ago. Til this day, 4 years later this is my go-to recipe. These made from scratch chocolate fudge brownies are super-rich, fudgy, and chewy.
If you enjoy brownies with a deep chocolate flavor and a crackly top then you’re going to love these. However, that crackly top will be covered with rich chocolate fudge.
These brownies are best when eaten at room temperature. For some reason, they are incredibly delicious when they’re served at room temperature. I took these to work one day and my coworkers were all over them. If you’d like to try a spin on these, these M&M brownies and cheesecake brownies are to die for.
Ingredients You’ll Need for Chocolate Fudge Brownies:
- all-purpose flour
- Dark Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Dark Chocolate
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Semi-sweet Chocolate
- Heavy Cream
- Corn Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
Tip: Although I highly recommend using a double boiler to melt the chocolate and butter you may use a microwave instead.
How to Melt Butter and Chocolate in the Microwave:
Microwave for 1 minute then stir and continue to microwave in 20-second intervals while stirring after every 20 seconds.
How to Make Chocolate Fudge Brownies:
- These are probably the easiest brownies you’ll ever make, here’s all you have to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients which include the all-purpose flour, salt, and unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Melt butter and dark chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the sugar and let the sugar and chocolate mixture cool a bit before adding the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the vanilla and pour the brownie batter into a well-greased 8-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes.
- To make the chocolate fudge, melt the semi-sweet chocolate and heavy cream in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water and then stir until smooth. Stir in the corn syrup.
- Place the chocolate fudge in the fridge and stir every 20 minutes until it resembles chocolaty fudge.
- Once the brownies are completely cooled, frost them with the chocolate fudge and enjoy!
Tip: Mix in the sugar well before incorporating the eggs. Add the eggs in one at a time and make sure the eggs are at room temperature.
Tip: If you prefer to use a microwave instead of a double boiler to make the fudge here’s all you have to do:
Microwave the heavy cream for about 1 minute and then pour it over the semi-sweet chocolate. Let it sit for about 1 minute and then stir until its smooth. Stir in the corn syrup and then refrigerate. Stir every 20 minutes for about 1 hour or until it’s thick.
More Tips and Recipe Variations:
- Use room temperature eggs.
- Do not overmix the brownie batter.
- Use parchment paper so it’s easier to remove the brownies from the baking sheet when cooled.
- Add chopped walnuts or peanuts to the brownie batter for some crunch.
More Chocolate Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
- Nutella Chocolate Cake for Two
- Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Baked Chocolate Donuts
- Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 12 ounces dark chocolate
- 6 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 eggs at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp corn syrup
- Grease an 8-inch baking pan set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the all purpose flour, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the sugar and then remove from the heat.
- Let the sugar and chocolate mixture cool down a bit.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour mixture then pour the batter into the greased baking dish.
- Bake for 28-30 mins or until done.
- Let the brownies cool completely before frosting.
- To make the chocolate fudge, melt the semi sweet chocolate chips and heavy cream in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl.
- Stir in the corn syrup.
- Place the chocolate and cream mixture in the fridge and stir every 20 minutes until it's nice and thick. This should take about one hour.
- Frost the brownies with the chocolate fudge and enjoy!
- Let the brownies cool completely before frosting with fudge.
- Make sure you use unsalted butter for this recipe.