These chocolate fudge brownies are made from scratch and with just a handful of ingredients. Super fudgy, rich, and a fail-proof recipe. Enjoy these with a cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk.
Where do I start? This chocolate fudge brownie recipe was the third recipe I posted on my Youtube channel more than 4 years ago. Til this day, 4 years later this is my go-to recipe. These made from scratch chocolate fudge brownies are super-rich, fudgy, and chewy.
If you enjoy brownies with a deep chocolate flavor and a crackly top then you’re going to love these. However, that crackly top will be covered with rich chocolate fudge.
These brownies are best when eaten at room temperature. For some reason, they are incredibly delicious when they’re served at room temperature. I took these to work one day and my coworkers were all over them.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- all-purpose flour
- Dark Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Dark Chocolate
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Semi-sweet Chocolate
- Heavy Cream
- Corn Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
Tips and Recipe Variations:
- Use room temperature eggs.
- Do not overmix the brownie batter.
- Use parchment paper so it’s easier to remove the brownies from the baking sheet when cooled.
- Add chopped walnuts or peanuts to the brownie batter for some crunch.
- Mix in the sugar well before incorporating the eggs.
- If you prefer to use a microwave instead of a double boiler to make the fudge, microwave the heavy cream for about 1 minute and then pour it over the semi-sweet chocolate. Let it sit for about 1 minute and then stir until its smooth. Stir in the corn syrup and then refrigerate. Stir every 20 minutes for about 1 hour or until it’s thick.
Can I Add Nuts?
Yes, absolutely. Feel free to add chopped walnuts or any type of nuts you have on hand.
Can I Make These Without Fudge?
Yes, you may certainly enjoy these without the chocolate fudge. These brownies are rich and delicious without the fudge, the fudge just adds more richness.
Let the brownies cool completely and then place them in an air-tight container. These will last for up to 3 days at room temperature or up to 3 months in the freezer.
If you enjoyed these then you will also enjoy these cheesecake brownies and cosmic brownies! You can also find other delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 12 ounces dark chocolate
- 6 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 eggs at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp corn syrup
- Grease an 8-inch baking pan set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the all purpose flour, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the sugar and then remove from the heat.
- Let the sugar and chocolate mixture cool down a bit.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour mixture then pour the batter into the greased baking dish.
- Bake for 28-30 mins or until done.
- Let the brownies cool completely before frosting.
- To make the chocolate fudge, melt the semi sweet chocolate chips and heavy cream in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl.
- Stir in the corn syrup.
- Place the chocolate and cream mixture in the fridge and stir every 20 minutes until it's nice and thick. This should take about one hour.
- Frost the brownies with the chocolate fudge and enjoy!
- Let the brownies cool completely before frosting with fudge.
- Make sure you use unsalted butter for this recipe.
Leave a Reply