Cosmic Brownies are soft and chewy made with rainbow chips and chocolate ganache. Takes less than 30 minutes to make.
Anything chocolate is a favorite of mine, other chocolate favorites of mine include Homemade Chocolate Cupcakes, Chocolate Fudge Cake, and Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes!
Decadent and rich fudgy brownies topped off with crunchy delicious rainbow chips. Perfect for kids, since these are super yummy and colorful. Do not change a thing about this recipe. Everything a brownie should be.
Homemade cosmic brownies are what my little niece Alyssa requested for her 7th birthday. How on earth does she know about cosmic brownies?
She heard the adults talking about how good they used to be. However, I was never a fan of cosmic brownies until recently. Last year she requested M&M Brownies. She loves brownies.
How to make cosmic brownies
This recipe is super easy and the kids are going to love it. Here is all you have to do:
Mix the unsalted melted butter, sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Add the sifted flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt. Mix until well combined. Grease and line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper. Pour the brownie batter in the lined baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Let the brownies cool completely before frosting.
To make the ganache all you have to do is microwave the heavy cream for about 45 seconds and then pour it over the semi-sweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips. Let it sit for about 3 minutes and stir until well incorporated.
Do I have to use rainbow chips?
No, but without rainbow chips, they’re just plain old brownies. Nothing wrong with that, they’ll still be delicious.
Are these brownies cakey?
No way! These brownies are super fudgy and the easiest brownies I’ve ever made.
What size baking dish should I use?
Use a 9×9 baking dish for best results.
Not a fan of rainbow chips? Add these in instead:
- Oreo Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chips
More Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- 8 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- 1/4 cup rainbow chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Sift the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, salt, and unsweetened cocoa powder, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and whole milk.
- Add the sifted ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until well combined.
- Place the brownie batter in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool completely before frosting.
- To make the chocolate ganache, microwave the heavy cream for about 45 seconds. Keep an eye on it.
- Pour the warm heavy cream over the semi-sweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips and let it sit for about 3 minutes.
- Stir the chocolate ganache until smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the brownies and then top the brownies off with rainbow chips.
- Let the ganache set before slicing into them.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk.
Make sure you use a 9x9 baking dish. Do not overmix the brownie batter.