Pan-seared salmon is on the menu at least once a week. It’s fresh and tasty but most importantly it is so simple to make. Your family will love this delicious recipe.
This pan-seared salmon goes great with some Creamy Mashed Potatoes, Creamed Corn, and Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes.
This pan-seared salmon with lemon butter sauce is fried until crispy on the outside and tender and flaky on the inside. Takes about 2 minutes to prep and 10 mins to cook. Lemon, butter, and garlic is a wonderful complement to salmon. It goes so well.
You will taste the lemon, butter, and garlic in every bite. Just a few ingredients and you are good to go. A lot of you requested more salmon recipes without wine, so here you go.
Although, if you really want to incorporate some wine I highly recommend Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc. Dry sparkling white wine work well when cooking fish.
If you enjoyed my creamy lemon salmon recipe and creamy garlic salmon and shrimp recipe then you certainly will love this pan-seared salmon!
Asparagus is a wonderful addition to this recipe. Enjoy with steamed veggies or a side salad.
How to make pan-seared salmon with lemon butter sauce
Tip: Make sure to bring the salmon to room temperature at least 10 minutes before cooking.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the salmon on both sides generously with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place the salmon in the skillet skin side up and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
How to make lemon butter sauce
While the salmon cooks, you’ll want to prepare the sauce in a separate small skillet.
- Melt some butter in a small skillet.
- Stir in the fresh garlic and lemon juice. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Pour the lemon butter sauce over the fish and continue cooking the salmon until it feels firm to the touch.
How to store cooked pan-seared salmon
Place the cooked salmon in an airtight container before refrigerating or freezing. According to the FDA cooked salmon can last up to 3-4 days and up to 4-6 months in the freezer.
Why this recipe is so good:
- It takes minutes to prepare and cook and calls for just a handful of ingredients.
- It’s low carb and keto-friendly, a super light and healthy weeknight meal.
- It’s an elegant dish that will satisfy your guests but also looks beautiful on a plate with some roasted veggies and a glass of wine.
- The flavors just work so well together. You can’t go wrong with lemon, butter, garlic, and salmon.
More salmon recipes
Pan Seared Lemon Butter Salmon
- 1 lb salmon
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the salmon with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Cook the salmon skin side up in a large hot skillet with oil.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- While the salmon cooks, melt some butter in a small skillet.
- Stir in the fresh garlic and lemon juice.
- Season the butter lemon sauce with salt.
- Pour the lemon butter sauce all over the salmon and cook for an additional minute or until the salmon is fully cooked through.
I made this tonight turned out delicious 😋 thanks
CATHY C TARR says
Terrific except used dill instead of oregano
Arpita Patel says
This is a fast and flavorful recipe. Combined with the saltiness of the capers I did not think adding salt was necessary. I also did not rub olive oil on the salmon because it is a fatty fish to begin with. I did however, spray the pan with olive oil to prevent it from sticking. However, I enjoyed it immensely and I would make it again. As a side item, I sauteed Brussels sprouts with olive oil and garlic. Delish!