Pan-seared salmon is on the menu at least once a week. It’s fresh and tasty but most importantly it is so simple to make. Your family will love this delicious recipe.
This pan-seared salmon with lemon butter sauce is fried until crispy on the outside and tender and flaky on the inside. Takes about 2 minutes to prep and 10 mins to cook. Lemon, butter, and garlic is a wonderful complement to salmon. It goes so well.
You will taste the lemon, butter, and garlic in every bite. Just a few ingredients and you are good to go. A lot of you requested more salmon recipes without wine, so here you go.
Although, if you really want to incorporate some wine I highly recommend Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc. Dry sparkling white wine work well when cooking fish.
Asparagus is a wonderful addition to this recipe. Enjoy with steamed veggies or a side salad.
How to make pan-seared salmon with lemon butter sauce
Tip: Make sure to bring the salmon to room temperature at least 10 minutes before cooking.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the salmon on both sides generously with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place the salmon in the skillet skin side up and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
How to make lemon butter sauce
While the salmon cooks, you’ll want to prepare the sauce in a separate small skillet.
- Melt some butter in a small skillet.
- Stir in the fresh garlic and lemon juice. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Pour the lemon butter sauce over the fish and continue cooking the salmon until it feels firm to the touch.
How to store cooked pan-seared salmon
Place the cooked salmon in an airtight container before refrigerating or freezing. According to the FDA cooked salmon can last up to 3-4 days and up to 4-6 months in the freezer.
Why this recipe is so good:
- It takes minutes to prepare and cook and calls for just a handful of ingredients.
- It’s low carb and keto-friendly, a super light and healthy weeknight meal.
- It’s an elegant dish that will satisfy your guests but also looks beautiful on a plate with some roasted veggies and a glass of wine.
- The flavors just work so well together. You can’t go wrong with lemon, butter, garlic, and salmon.
More salmon recipes
Pan Seared Lemon Butter Salmon
- 1 lb salmon
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the salmon with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Cook the salmon skin side up in a large hot skillet with oil.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- While the salmon cooks, melt some butter in a small skillet.
- Stir in the fresh garlic and lemon juice.
- Season the butter lemon sauce with salt.
- Pour the lemon butter sauce all over the salmon and cook for an additional minute or until the salmon is fully cooked through.