These cream cheese banana muffins are super moist and perfectly sweetened. Not too sweet but definitely one of the softest and most delicious muffins I’ve ever baked. Here’s what I did, I combined this banana muffins recipe and these pumpkin cheesecake muffins topping. A muffin with a cream cheese filling or topping is pretty much irresistible.
You may certainly do a swirl on top using a knife or do a doll-up instead. I prefer a doll-up of cream cheese instead of a swirl because you taste more of the cream cheese. You can also double the cream cheese filling recipe. It’s definitely the best part!
- Use very ripe bananas, it will add moisture and sweetness.
- Use good quality cream cheese.
- Don’t overmix the muffin batter or overbake the muffins.
- Use a mini cookie dough scoop to add the cream cheese filling to the cupcake liners.
- Add some chopped walnuts, pecans, or chocolate chips if you’d like.
- Swap the cream cheese filling for Nutella if one of your guests isn’t a fan of cream cheese.
Storage and Freezing
Place the muffins in an airtight container and enjoy for up to 2-3 days at room temperature. To freeze, let the muffins cool completely and then place it in a freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. These can thaw at room temperature or place them on a napkin straight from the freezer and microwave for about 20 seconds.
Can I Make These Without The Cream Cheese Filling?
Absolutely, as I mentioned above, this is the same exact banana muffin recipe I use. Although I highly recommend following this recipe, because these cream cheese banana muffins are exquisite.
If you enjoyed these amazing cream cheese banana muffins then you will also enjoy these Nutella Stuffed Banana Muffins. These White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins are another reader favorite! You can also find other delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Cream Cheese Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 bananas ripe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter unsalted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/8 tsp salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Using a fork, mash the three ripe bananas. Add the vegetable oil, egg, vanilla extract, white sugar, brown sugar, and melted butter. Mix well.
- Add the all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix until well combined but do not over mix.
- Fill the cupcake liners 3/4's of the way full with the muffin batter. Set aside. This should give you 8-9 jumbo muffins.
- In a bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, 1 tsp of flour, and 2 tbsp of sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add about 1 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture to the center of each cupcake liner. Bake for 17 minutes.
- Do not over mix the muffin batter.
- Do not overbake the muffins.
- Use softened cream cheese.