Creamy Baked Chicken Legs smothered in a creamy tomato sauce!
Low Carb, Keto Friendly, and full of flavor. This makes wonderful leftovers and tastes even better the following day.
Normally when you think of baked chicken you think dry and bland or maybe you think positively and think of something like Juicy Roasted Chicken. Although, this is a low carb meal it is full of flavor and creamy as well.
I seasoned the chicken generously with spices and left the sauce a bit thick. If you don’t like onions and garlic chunks floating in your sauce, blend it.
Creamy Mashed Potatoes would be magicalto serve with this, but if you’re on a low carb diet you can serve this with zoodles, steamed vegetables, salad, or cauliflower rice. So many options.
This will positively please any crowd and you will find yourself making this over and over again.
The sauce was perfection!
- 5-6 chicken legs
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp red chili flakes optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the granulated garlic, paprika, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and season on all sides with the spice mixture.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes then flip the chicken over and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onions to the skillet and cook until translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and red chili flakes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 20 seconds.
- Add the wine and let it reduce by half.
- Add the tomato sauce and heavy cream.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken back in the skillet and cook until the chicken is fully cooked through and the sauce thickens.