creamy baked chicken legs smothered in a creamy tomato sauce!
Low Carb, Keto Friendly, and full of flavor. Serve this over brown rice or cauliflower rice. You can even throw in some mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes. This makes wonderful leftovers and tastes even better the following day.
Normally when you think of baked chicken you think dry and bland. Or maybe bbq baked chicken. I wanted to make a low carb baked chicken but full of flavor and creamy as well.
I seasoned the chicken generously with spices and left the sauce a bit chunky. If you don’t like onions and garlic chunks floating in your sauce, blend it.
This over garlic mashed potatoes would be magical but if you’re on a low carb diet you can serve this with zoodles, steamed vegetables, salad, or cauliflower rice. So many options.
This will positively please any crowd (maybe not the vegans and vegetarians) and you will find yourself making this over and over again.
The sauce was perfection!
Creamy Baked Chicken Legs
Tender and juicy baked chicken legs smothered in a creamy tomato sauce. This tastes even better the following day.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- 5-6 chicken legs
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the granulated garlic, paprika, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and season on all sides with the spice mixture.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes then flip the chicken over and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onions to the skillet and cook until translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and red chili flakes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 20 seconds.
- Add the wine and let it reduce by half.
- Add the tomato sauce and heavy cream.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken back in the skillet and cook until the chicken is fully cooked through and the sauce thickens.
- Serving Size: 5 servings