These fresh strawberry donuts are made with yeast dough, chunks of strawberries, and fried to perfection. Dipped in a homemade strawberry glaze then topped off with fresh strawberries.
Enjoy these deliciously fluffy fresh strawberry donuts with a cup of coffee or tea.
I’ve used this donut dough base countless times and it’s never let me down. I’ve made Nutella stuffed donuts and jelly donuts using the same base because it’s that good. It’s a no-fail recipe. Although baked donuts are much easier to make, there is nothing better than a fried yeast donut.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Dry Active Yeast
- All-Purpose Flour
- Fresh Strawberries
- Strawberry Preserves
- Confectioners Sugar
How Do You Make Fresh Fresh Strawberry Donuts?
Start by making the dough. Activate the yeast by mixing the warm water and yeast in a small bowl. Let it sit for 5 minutes to proof. Once the yeast becomes foamy, add the melted shortening, milk, sugar, salt, eggs, strawberries, and 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour. Mix well and then add the remaining flour one cup at a time. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it and let it rise for 2 hours.
Once the dough is done rising, lightly flour your working surface and knead the dough for 1-2 minutes with a rolling pin. Roll it out to a 9×13 rectangle and using a donut cutter, cut out the donuts. Cover the donut cutouts and let it rise for 45 minutes.
Once the 45 minutes are up, fry the donuts in vegetable oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they’re golden brown.
Finally, prepare the glaze by mixing confectioners sugar, milk, and strawberry preserves in a bowl. Dip the donuts in the glaze and top off with fresh strawberries, if desired.
Once you try these donuts, you’ll never use any other dough recipe again. These fresh strawberry donuts are a real treat that the entire family will enjoy!
More delicious recipes you’ll enjoy:
You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Fresh Strawberry Donuts
- 2 1/2 tsp dry active yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp strawberry preserves
- 1 tbsp milk
- In a large bowl, add the warm water and sprinkle over the yeast. Set aside for 5 minutes so it can activate.
- Once the yeast activates and becomes foamy add the milk, melted shortening, sugar, salt, eggs, strawberries, and 1/2 of the all purpose flour. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Add the remaining all-purpose flour and mix until the dough is smooth and slightly sticky.
- Place the dough into a greased bowl, cover it, and let it rise for 2 hours.
- Lightly flour your working surface and knead the dough for a minute or two.
- Gently roll the dough 1/2-inch thick with a floured rolling pin.
- Cut donuts using a donut cutter or round drinking glass and then using a bottle cap or a small round circle cutter to cut the holes in the center.
- Cover the donuts and let them rise for 45 minutes.
- While the donuts rise, prepare the strawberry glaze. Mix the powdered sugar, strawberry preserves, and milk. Set aside.
- Heat some vegetable oil to about 350 degrees and then fry the doughnuts for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Coat one side of the donuts with the strawberry glaze and then garnish with fresh strawberry bits if desired.
Leave a Reply