The picture above does not do it justice. These were the best donuts I’ve ever had. Period. I use the same donut base for all my donut recipes but I really love Nutella so I’m going to have to go with these as my personal fave.
There’s no tedious glaze or frosting! Just fill them with Nutella, sprinkle some powdered sugar on top, and you’re done.
Nutella Stuffed Donuts
These light and fluffy donuts are filled with the creamiest Nutella filling, perfect for a deliciously sinful treat.
- Prep Time: 115
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 120
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 envelope of dry active yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- In a large bowl, add the warm water and sprinkle over the yeast. Set aside for 5 minutes so it can activate.
- Once the yeast activates and becomes foamy add the milk, melted shortening, sugar, salt, eggs, and 1/2 of the all purpose flour. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Add the remaining all-purpose flour and mix until the dough is smooth and slightly sticky.
- Place the dough into a greased bowl, cover it, and let it rise for 2 hours.
- Lightly flour your working surface and knead the dough for a minute or two.
- Gently roll the dough 1/2-inch thick with a floured rolling pin.
- Cut donuts using a donut cutter or round drinking glass.
- Cover the donuts and let them rise for 45 minutes.
- Heat some vegetable oil to about 350 degrees and then fry the doughnuts for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top of the donuts.
- Using a skewer make a hole on the side of the donut and then stuff it with Nutella using a piping bag.