These deep-fried Oreos are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and perfectly sweet. Made with simple ingredients in under 15 minutes!
Serve with powdered sugar or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a decadent treat.
I love Oreos and some of my other favorites include Oreo Cupcakes, Oreo cake, and Oreo peppermint cake pops! But I must say that these deep-fried Oreos are definitely my all-time favorite. I just know you’re going to love them!
Why I Love This Recipe
- It’s made with store-bought pancake mix.
- Tastes 100 times better than plain Oreo cookies.
- Perfect for barbecues, parties, game days, or a busy weeknight.
- Requires minimal effort.
- Oreos – I used double stuffed Oreos but feel free to use your favorite flavor.
- Pancake Mix – I highly recommend using store-bought but if you don’t have it on hand, you can use this pancake batter.
- Milk – Use whole milk for best results.
- Egg – Room temperature.
- Oil – Any oil with a high smoking point such as vegetable oil or canola oil will work.
How To Make
Frying Oreos is super easy and takes less than 10 minutes to make. Here’s all you have to do:
- Mix the milk, vanilla extract, and egg in a large bowl.
- Stir in the pancake mix and mix until well combined.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees F.
- Coat the Oreos with the pancake mixture and then fry the Oreos for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Add some powdered sugar and enjoy while warm!
Do I Have To Freeze Oreos Before Frying?
No, you don’t. You can freeze them if you want to prevent them from falling apart, but I never had any issues.
How Far In Advance Can I Make These?
I recommend making these and enjoying them right away.
Can I Add Food Coloring To The Pancake Batter?
Yes. That would be such a cool idea for a color-themed birthday party. Make sure you use no taste food coloring so it doesn’t alter the taste.
More Delicious Dessert Recipes:
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. And consider following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Deep Fried Oreos
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 1 1/2 cups pancake mix
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- oil for frying
- Powdered Sugar if desired
- Heat the oil to about 365 degrees F.
- While the oil heats up, mix the milk, egg, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Add the pancake mix and mix until well combined.
- Dip the cookies into the batter and coat it well on both sides.
- Fry the cookies for about 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy while warm.
Oh my gosh I think I’ve died and gone to heaven. These sound incredibly good, and Oreos are now on the top of my shopping list this week haha! Thank you for sharing Julie xx
The fried Oreos look delicious. Definitely will be trying this next weekend for the family. Thanks for the amazing recipe. Keep up the great work!!!
Thank you! Hope you and your family enjoy these.