I was a bit hesitant to bake donuts at first because let’s face it, it’s cake. But none the less, these are amazing. They were chocolaty, delicious, and come on 8 minutes to bake, can you beat that?
These are the easiest donuts you will ever make.
I made some munchkins as well, although I’m not sure if they’re technically munchkins because they have a hole in the center. Mini donuts?
Baked Chocolate Donuts
Choclately and quick to make, these 8 minute bites of heaven can cure any chocolate craving. With or without sprinkles, these are festive and fun because they don’t get fried up, so they’re a little healthier for you too!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, milk, and melted butter, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients.
- Place the batter into a pastry bag and fill a greased donut pan 3/4s of the way.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- For the chocolate glaze, place the unsalted butter, milk, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips in a sauce pan and let it melt.
- Stir in the powdered sugar and remove from the heat.
- Frost the donuts with the chocolate glaze and Enjoy!