These easy baked chocolate donuts are super chocolaty and rich. Enjoy these with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk for the ultimate breakfast.
Easy and quick to make, chocolate donuts can cure any chocolate craving. With or without sprinkles, these are festive and fun because they’re baked, so they’re a little healthier for you too! Make these donuts in under 20 minutes!
I was a bit hesitant to bake donuts at first because let’s face it, it’s cake. But none the less, these baked chocolate donuts are amazing. They were chocolaty, delicious, rich, and come on 8 minutes to bake, can you beat that?
These are the easiest doughnuts you will ever make. What I love most about this recipe is that the donuts are super soft and fluffy. I made these donuts for a friend’s baby shower and they were gone in under 10 minutes.
Everyone wouldn’t stop raving about the chocolate donuts. So now I make these every time I attend a baby shower. If I haven’t convinced you to make these yet, just know that this is one of my most popular recipes.
How To Make Baked Chocolate Donuts
No electric whisk required for these donuts, all you have to do is sift the all-purpose flour and cocoa powder and mix it along with the remaining donut ingredients. Fill the donut pan 3/4’s of the way and bake for eight minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F.
While the donuts bake prepare the glaze. To make the glaze, add the unsalted melted butter, chocolate chips, milk, and vanilla extract to a medium saucepan and cook over medium-high heat. Once the chocolate chips and butter melt, stir in the confectioner’s sugar and then remove from the heat.
Frost the donuts with the chocolate glaze and decorate with sprinkles, chocolate shavings, or non pareils, if desired.
Tips For The Perfect Donuts
- Place the donut batter into a piping bag and grease the donut pan well before piping the batter into the pan.
- Use room temperature eggs.
- Sift the unsweetened cocoa powder and all-purpose flour.
- Not a fan of sprinkles? Omit the sprinkles or top the donuts off with crushed walnuts, peanuts, or m&ms.
- Make the donut batter the night before and place it in a freezer bag and refrigerate it. The following day, let it sit at room temperature for about an hour before baking.
- Make sure you don’t overfill the donut pan.
How Long Will These Baked Chocolate Donuts Last?
Place these donuts in an airtight container and store them at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Can I Make Mini Donuts Instead?
You may certainly use any donut pan you have on hand. If making mini donuts I would recommend baking them for 4 minutes instead of 8 minutes.
These donuts will be a guaranteed hit with all your dessert-loving friends! They will certainly be begging you for this recipe.
More dessert recipes you’ll enjoy
Baked Chocolate Donuts
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, milk, and melted butter, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients.
- Place the batter into a pastry bag and fill a greased donut pan 3/4s of the way.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- For the chocolate glaze, place the unsalted butter, milk, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips in a sauce pan and let it melt.
- Stir in the powdered sugar and remove from the heat.
- Frost the donuts with the chocolate glaze and Enjoy!