I was a bit hesitant to bake donuts at first because let’s face it, it’s cake. But none the less, these are amazing. They were chocolaty, delicious, and come on 8 minutes to bake, can you beat that?
These are the easiest donuts you will ever make.
I made some munchkins as well, although I’m not sure if they’re technically munchkins because they have a hole in the center. Mini donuts?
Easy and quick to make, these bites of heaven can cure any chocolate craving. With or without sprinkles, these are festive and fun because they don't get fried up, so they're a little healthier for you too!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, milk, and melted butter, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients.
- Place the batter into a pastry bag and fill a greased donut pan 3/4s of the way.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- For the chocolate glaze, place the unsalted butter, milk, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips in a sauce pan and let it melt.
- Stir in the powdered sugar and remove from the heat.
- Frost the donuts with the chocolate glaze and Enjoy!