Easy, homemade strawberry milk is made with real strawberries mixed with cold milk for a sweet, delicious drink both kids and adults will enjoy. With no artificial colors and 4 easy ingredients, it’ll replace any store-bought powder in an instant.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who was raised on the powdered strawberry Nesquik mix. While it certainly holds a fond place in my memory, I have to tell you, there’s a better, much tastier way. Homemade strawberry milk is delicious, easy, and best of all, made with actual strawberries.
All you need is sugar, water, and strawberries to create a simple strawberry syrup that flavors your milk perfectly. This recipe is so easy and flavorful you’ll never go back. No leftover powder or artificial pink color in your glass anymore!
How To Make
- Cook the strawberries with water and sugar for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Strain the strawberries in a fine-mesh sieve and collect the syrup.
- Combine the strawberry syrup with cold milk in a chilled glass and swirl to mix. Use 4 tbsp of strawberry syrup for every 1 cup of milk.
Tips For The Perfect Strawberry Milk
- Save the cooked strawberries after you strain the syrup for a delicious addition to pancakes or an easy yogurt mix-in.
- Chill your glass for 10 minutes in the freezer before mixing your milk for the best results.
- Adjust the strawberry syrup to your tastes, add more for a sweeter, more intense flavor.
- Although I didn’t add any food coloring, feel free to add a couple of red food coloring drops to your strawberry milk for a bright pink color.
Can I Use Almond Milk Instead Of Whole Milk?
Yes, absolutely! You may use the milk of your choice. To make this vegan, use oat milk, almond milk, or soy milk.
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries Instead Of Fresh Strawberries?
I used fresh strawberries but feel free to use any type of strawberries you have on hand.
Can I Double The Recipe?
Of course, in fact, I encourage it.
Making your strawberry milk with real strawberries is such a better way to make it. The flavor of true strawberries is better than any store-bought strawberry milk. If you’re a fan of this real strawberry recipe, be sure to check out the many others I have like this Strawberry Banana Milkshake or these Fresh Strawberry Donuts. You can also find other delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Homemade Strawberry Milk
- Fine Sieve Strainer
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups whole milk
- Place 2 glasses in the freezer. Add the strawberries, sugar, and water to a sauce-pan and cook over medium-high heat for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Run the strawberries through a fine sieve strainer and only keep the liquid. Let the liquid cool for 10 minutes.
- Add 4 tbsp of the strawberry liquid along with one cup of whole milk to each chilled glass. Enjoy immediately.
Leave a Reply