This creamy healthy strawberry banana milkshake is made with just three ingredients in under 5 minutes. No ice cream or sugar required!
One of the most popular recipes on my blog is this delicious mango banana smoothie so that was the inspiration for this recipe. Although I wanted this milkshake to be a more natural drink. I wanted to make this as healthy as possible while using very little ingredients. Enjoy this for breakfast, lunch, or after a workout.
Ingredient’s You’ll Need:
- Milk – You may use any kind of milk you’d like. Almond milk, soy milk, or whole milk will work.
- Fresh Strawberries – Frozen strawberries work as well but I used fresh.
- Frozen Bananas – Definitely make sure you use frozen ripe bananas. Ripe bananas = sweet bananas. If you use frozen ripe bananas you won’t have to use ice or sugar.
How To Make This Strawberry Banana Milkshake:
- Peel and freeze some bananas a couple of hours before or the night before.
- Place the fresh strawberries, frozen bananas, and milk in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Add more milk if it’s too thick. I added 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp.
I Don’t Have Frozen Bananas What Do I Use?
Although I highly recommend using frozen, you may certainly use ripe fresh bananas and add some ice.
How Do I Freeze Bananas?
Peel the bananas and slice them into chunks or in half and place them in a freezer bag.
What Other Fruits Can I Add?
Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc. You may even throw in some fresh spinach.
Can I Add Protein?
You may certainly add protein, flax seeds, chia seeds, or any other seeds you may have on hand.
My Bananas Aren’t Ripe, What Can I Add To Sweeten It Up?
A little drizzle of honey or a pinch of granulated sugar or brown sugar would work as well.
More Drink Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
Strawberry Banana Milkshake
- Powerful Blender
- 3 bananas ripe and frozen
- 2 cups strawberries fresh
- 1/2 cup whole milk plus 2 tbsp
- Place the frozen bananas, fresh strawberries, and milk in a blender and mix until smooth and creamy.