If you’re in the mood for a bowl of delicious creamy soup made in under 30 minutes, then this instant pot broccoli cheddar soup recipe is for you. Made with cheddar cheese, broccoli, garlic, milk, and spices. Enjoy on its own or with some crusty Italian bread.
Although summer is practically here, I could never turn down a bowl of soup. Especially a creamy and cheesy soup. The best part about this recipe is the fact that it cooks in under 30 minutes. You can’t beat that! Make this delicious instant pot broccoli cheddar soup any time of year.
Ingredient’s You’ll Need
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Chicken Stock
- Red Crushed Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
Can I use Frozen Broccoli Instead of Fresh Broccoli?
Yes, just make sure you thaw the broccoli before cooking it.
Can I use Vegetable Broth Instead of Chicken Stock?
Yes, feel free to use vegetable stock or any stock/broth of your preference. Although, I wouldn’t recommend beef stock for this recipe.
Can I Use Any Other Cheese Besides Cheddar?
Cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, Colby jack, or pepper jack cheese are all great options for this soup.
Once you make this broccoli and cheese soup in your instant pot you will never make it on the stovetop. It’s so easy to make and will satisfy the entire family.
More Soup Recipe Ideas…
- Cuban Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Instant Pot Tomato Gnocchi Soup
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Instant Pot
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups carrots shredded
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp red crushed pepper optional
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare all of your veggies by cutting the broccoli into small floret sizes, peeling and shredding the carrots, dicing the onion, and mincing the garlic.
- Set the instant pot to sauté mode and add the butter to the pot as well as the onion. Cook it down until it starts to turn a light brown color (about two minutes). Stir in the minced garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
- Turn the instant pot off and add in the carrots, broccoli, and chicken stock.
- Cover with the lid and set the pot to manual and cook for four minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the cornstarch, milk, red crushed pepper, cayenne pepper powder, black pepper, and salt in a bowl together until well combined.
- Release the pressure from the instant pot when ready and let it cool for a minute or two.
- Open the lid and pour in the milk mixture and the cheese.
- Turn the pot to sauté mode again and cook for one minute, until the cheese has melted. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Turn it off and carefully remove the pot from the machine to avoid burning.
- Serve immediately with some bread and garnish with green onions.