Juicy melt in your mouth instant pot ribs made in under 30 minutes! Seasoned to perfection with a homemade rub and then topped off with bbq sauce. Enjoy these delicious pork ribs with Hawaiian Macaroni salad and Coleslaw.
These tender ribs literally fall off the bone and are super easy to make. Please brush on your favorite barbecue sauce and then broil them for 5 minutes. This is a fail-proof recipe that works and will impress your entire family.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Ribs: I used baby back ribs but feel free to use any pork or beef ribs if you prefer.
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Garlic
- Black Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Chili Powder
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Liquid Smoke
- Barbecue Sauce: Store-bought or homemade barbecue sauce is fine.
How to Remove the Membrane
This part is optional but I like to remove it. Turn the ribs over with the bones facing up, slide your knife under the membrane at the end of the rack, and loosen it up. Take a paper towel to hold the membrane and slide it off using one hand. It should slide off in one piece.
Do I Have to Broil These?
You don’t have to but it adds such nice color and gives it a smokier taste.
- If feeding a large crowd, make two racks of ribs instead of one. Place two racks on top of the trivet. Cook the to racks of ribs for 23 minutes just as you would if cooking one. The cooking time doesn’t change.
- Don’t feel like preparing your own rub? Purchase a good quality rib rub and season the ribs generously with it.
- Make sure to use a meat thermometer, the internal temperature for cooked pork ribs should be at 145 degrees.
Instant Pot Ribs
- Instant Pot
- 3 lbs Ribs
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- bbq sauce to taste
- Pat dry the ribs using a paper towel and remove the membrane.
- Pour water, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke in the Instant Pot.
- Add the trivet and then place the ribs on top.
- Close the lid, seal the valve and press the “pressure cook” function for 25 minutes.
- Once the 25 minutes are up, let the pressure relate naturally for 5 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the instant pot and then place them on a baking sheet. Brush on your favorite barbecue sauce and broil for 5 minutes.