This instant pot lazy lasagna is made with farfalle pasta, lots of cheese, and a delicious meat sauce. A classic recipe turned into a quick and easy meal made in under 30 minutes. Enjoy this with cheesy garlic bread and salad for the ultimate dinner!
It’s no secret that comfort recipes are my specialty! I have a soft spot for cheese and carbs. Quick and easy meals are another specialty of mine. There is nothing better than a delicious meal that is easy to make. This instant pot lazy lasagna is probably one of the best meals I’ve ever made in the instant pot. No lie. When you combine garlic, cheese, pasta, and a hearty meat sauce, it’s bound for success.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Farfalle Pasta – use any type of pasta you have on hand. Rigatoni, Lasagna noodles, and ziti will work too.
- Ground Beef – ground turkey, ground sausage, and ground veal are excellent choices as well.
- Crushed Tomatoes – You may use jar pasta sauce instead of canned crushed tomatoes.
- Granulated Garlic
- Onion Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Sugar – the sugar will help to balance the acidity from the tomatoes.
- Fresh Parsley – use fresh basil if you have it on hand.
- Ricotta Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Red Crushed Pepper – optional
- Salt and Pepper
Can I Make This On The Stovetop Instead?
Yes, of course. If you don’t have an instant pot you can still make this on the stovetop, here’s how you make it:
- Add the oil to a large skillet with high sides and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions to the skillet and cook until translucent. Stir in the garlic and red crushed pepper and cook for 20 seconds. Add the ground beef and cook for 5 minutes or until browned completely.
- Season the beef with Italian seasoning, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir in the crushed tomatoes and reduce the heat to medium-low. Let the sauce cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to packaging instructions.
- Add the cooked pasta to the meat sauce and check for seasoning. Stir in the fresh parsley, ricotta cheese, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the pasta with the remaining mozzarella cheese and cover for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese melts completely.
Can I Add Red Wine?
Yes, you may certainly add some red wine to the meat sauce. Feel free to add 1/2 cup red wine right before you add the crushed tomatoes.
Can I Bake This In The Oven?
Yes, feel free to place the pasta in a 9×13 casserole dish and cover with mozzarella cheese. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
If you have any leftovers, place it in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Although, this recipe is too good. I highly doubt there will be any leftovers!
If you enjoyed this hearty instant pot lazy lasagna recipe then you will also enjoy this instant pot mac and queso. This instant pot rasta pasta is another great recipe! You can also find other delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup onions diced
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley or basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Add the oil to the instant pot and press the "saute" function. Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and red crushed pepper and cook for 20 seconds.
- Add the ground beef and break it up using a wooden spoon. Let the beef cook for 5 minutes or until browned completely. Stir frequently.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning, granulated garlic, onion powder, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and mix well. Place the farfalle pasta on top of the meat sauce and then add the 3 cups of water. Do not mix.
- Press the "cancel" function. Cover the instant pot with the lid, seal the valve, and press the "pressure cook" function. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Do a quick release. Pasta should be al dente. Stir in 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, parsley, and ricotta cheese. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining mozzarella cheese on top of the pasta and cover the instant pot with the lid for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Christian Soto says
I love it