This rasta pasta with shrimp is packed with flavor and made in the instant pot! A quick and easy weeknight meal that will feed a crowd.
Enjoy this delicious creamy pasta with a tomato avocado salad and cheesy garlic bread.
I will just start off by saying that this instant pot rasta pasta is the best pasta I’ve had in a long time. It’s creamy, rich, and super flavorful. The shrimp and red bell peppers add sweetness while the jerk seasoning adds flavor and spice. Mix everything together and you will have a bowl of creamy, sweet, spicy, and well-seasoned pasta.
What Did I Use For This Recipe?
- Instant Pot – Although I made this in the instant pot, feel free to cook this on the stovetop. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water like you normally would, and then prepare the sauce in a skillet until thickened.
- Water – You may use chicken stock for more flavor.
- Rigatoni – Use any pasta you have on hand.
- Fresh Garlic
- Jerk Seasoning – I used Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning.
- Granulated Garlic
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
What is Rasta Pasta?
Rasta pasta is a colorful dish made with Caribbean seasonings, cream, and peppers. This dish was invented by Lorraine Washington who is a famous chef.
Once you make this rasta pasta in the instant pot, you will never want to cook pasta on the stovetop. It’s super easy and the pasta cooks in 3 minutes. You just can’t beat that.
More Pasta Recipe Ideas…
- Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta
- Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo
- Chicken Thyme Pasta
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Instant Pot Rasta Pasta
- Instant Pot
- 1/2 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 lb rigatoni
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 2 tbsp Jerk seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 onion finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Press the "saute function" on the instant pot and drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil into the sleeve.
- Add the shrimp, paprika, granulated garlic, 1 tbsp of jerk seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook the shrimp for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove the shrimp from the instant pot and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil along with the peppers and onions. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh garlic and cook until fragrant. Remove the peppers, onions, and garlic from the instant pot and set aside.
- Press the "cancel" function. Add the water and rigatoni to the instant pot and cover it with the lid.
- Press the "pressure cook" function and press 3 minutes.
- Once the 3 minutes are up, press the "cancel" function and do a quick release.
- Open the lid carefully and press the "saute" function. Stir in the heavy cream, remaining jerk seasoning, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Let the pasta and sauce cook for about 5 minutes or until the sauce becomes thick.
- Add the shrimp, peppers, onions, garlic, and scallions to the instant pot and check for seasoning.
Leave a Reply