This Hawaiian Macaroni Salad is super easy, delicious, and can be prepared under 15 minutes. Enjoy this with oven-baked bbq chicken and dinner rolls!
Picnics and BBQs are the best part of summer, am I right? Make this delicious pasta salad next time you throw a BBQ or go on a picnic. Your guests will request the recipe for sure. Chunks of pineapples, grated onion, egg, shredded carrots, and macaroni combined together are just heavenly.
Ingredient’s You’ll Need:
- Shredded Carrots
- Pineapple Chunks
- Green Chilies (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
Start off by cooking the macaroni according to packaging instructions. Boil some eggs and chop them using a knife or smash them with a fork. Let the macaroni cool completely. Mix all of the ingredients until well combined. Season generously with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
- Let the macaroni pasta cool completely before adding the mayo and the rest of the ingredients.
- To make it extra spicy, add more chili peppers than suggested and a couple of splashes of sriracha sauce.
- Incorporate some red onions.
- Use good quality real mayo for this recipe.
Can I Make This Ahead Of Time?
Yes, absolutely. Make sure to place the salad in an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. The following day, add more mayo and a splash of water to make it creamier.
This will be your go-to pasta salad recipe without a doubt! Make sure to leave any comments or questions down below.
More Recipe Ideas
You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups real mayo
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup carrots
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 tbsp green scallions
- 3 tbsp grated onion
- 8 ounces drained finely chopped pineapple
- 1 tbsp pineapple juice from the can
- 2 green chilies optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil and salt generously.
- Cook the macaroni until firm.
- let the macaroni cool for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayo, milk, vinegar, grated onion, green chilies, salt, and pepper.
- Fold in the macaroni, pineapple, carrots, peas, and finely chopped boiled eggs.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with scallions and enjoy!
Leave a Reply