This Hawaiian Macaroni Salad Recipe is super easy, delicious, and can be prepared under 15 minutes.
Picnics and BBQs are the best part of summer, am I right? Make this Hawaiian Macaroni Salad next time you throw a BBQ or go on a picnic. Your guests will request the recipe for sure. Chunks of pineapples, milk, real mayo, grated onion, egg, shredded carrots, sweet peas, and macaroni combined together are just heavenly.
Some people add diced ham to their Hawaiian macaroni salad but some of my family members don’t like ham, so I left it out. I added boiled eggs instead because I would never make a macaroni salad without eggs. I just can’t. I love eggs way too much to omit them from macaroni salad.
One thing I never add is celery. I despise celery. I will only add it if it’s almost mandatory. No celery over here. If you love celery, add it. Just don’t invite me to your BBQs. Kidding.
I like to add green chilies but feel free to omit them.
Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
Hawaiian Macaroni Salad perfect for any gettogether! Your guests will love this. Make this in under 15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- 1lb elbow macaroni
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups real mayo
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup carrots
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 tbsp green scallions
- 3 tbsp grated onion
- 8 ounces drained finely chopped pineapple
- 1 tbsp pineapple juice (from the can)
- 2 green chilies (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil and salt generously.
- Cook the macaroni until firm.
- let the macaroni cool for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayo, milk, vinegar, grated onion, green chilies, salt, and pepper.
- Fold in the macaroni, pineapple, carrots, peas, and finely chopped boiled eggs.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with scallions and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 6 servings
Keywords: Hawaiian Macaroni Salad, Hawaiian Recipes, Macaroni Salad Recipes,