Creamy coleslaw is a classic side dish that is typically served at BBQs. The best part, besides its incredible flavor? It can be put together with only 4 ingredients in less than 5 minutes!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- A classic crowd-pleaser for any cookout.
- It can be a tasty side dish or a delectable complement to the main meal.
- Have you tried it as a topping on BBQ pulled chicken sliders? I promise you’ll never go back.
- It’s sweet, savory, crunchy, and light!
How To Make
Prep your cabbage by slicing it thinly, or pick it up from the store preprepared. Mix all the other ingredients together for an even and delicious blend before pouring over your coleslaw mix.
TOP TIPS FOR THE CREAMIEST COLESLAW
- Prepare your slaw in a large bowl for an easy mix.
- If you desire a crispier texture serve immediately after tossing. If you like your cabbage more tender, place it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes for a creamier result.
- Let your coleslaw rest in the refrigerator, but don’t forget to taste test before scoping it up, add salt to taste.
TAKE YOUR COLESLAW TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH MIX-INS
- Add extra flavor with delectable cheeses like blue or cheddar cheese.
- Swirl in a smidge of honey to sweeten the flavor (or in place of the sugar).
- Add in dried or fresh fruit for a new take on an old classic.
Place any leftovers in an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days. It will release some liquid after a few days, make sure to drain it before serving. Unfortunately, coleslaw doesn’t freeze well.
More Delicious Summer Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. And consider following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
- 14 ounce coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- salt to taste
- In a large bowl, mix the mayo, vinegar, and sugar.
- Stir in the coleslaw and mix well.
- Season with salt (optional)
- Refrigerate for a minimum of one hour.
- Enjoy cold.