This Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken is super creamy, delicious, and easy to make. Juicy succulent chicken thighs seasoned to perfection with cajun seasoning and served with a delicious creamy parmesan sauce.
Enjoy this with white fluffy rice, creamy mashed potatoes, or a simple salad!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken – I highly recommend using bone-in skin-on chicken thighs. if using boneless skinless chicken breasts, cook for 8 minutes instead of 12 minutes.
- Chicken Stock
- Cajun Seasoning – Although I seasoned the chicken with homemade cajun seasoning, feel free to use store-bought cajun seasoning or simply season with salt and pepper.
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Season the chicken generously on both sides and under the skin.
- Cook the chicken in hot oil in the instant pot using the “saute” function to give the chicken a nice color.
- Let the cream sauce thicken before serving.
- Season the cream sauce generously with salt and pepper.
Do I Need An Instant Pot To Make This?
No, absolutely not! You may certainly make this on the stovetop. You will just have to cook the chicken for about 40-45 minutes covered.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken?
It should take about 45-50 minutes from start to finish. Remember that it takes some time for the instant pot to come to pressure. It will also take a couple of minutes for the sauce to thicken.
If you enjoyed this delicious Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken then you will also enjoy these creamy smothered chicken thighs. This instant pot mac and cheese is another reader favorite! You can also find other delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups spinach fresh
- 1/4 cup onions diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning or salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese fresh
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp water
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken on both sides with Cajun seasoning.
- Add the oil to the instant pot and press the "saute" function.
- Cook the chicken for 4 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the instant pot and set aside.
- Add the onions to the instant pot and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional 20 seconds. Add the chicken stock and scrape all of the bits at the bottom of the pan using a wooden spoon.
- Press the "cancel" function and place the chicken back into the instant pot. Add the spinach on top of the chicken and cover the instant pot with the lid. Press the "pressure cook" function, seal the valve, and cook for 12 minutes. Once the 12 minutes are up do a natural release for 10 minutes.
- Once the 10 minutes are up, release all of the steam and then open the instant pot. Remove the chicken from the instant pot and set aside. Press the "saute" function and add the heavy cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cornstarch and water to a small bowl and mix until well combined. Add it to the cream mixture and stir the sauce frequently. Add the parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. Cook the sauce for 5-10 minutes or until it thickens nicely.
- Add the chicken back into the instant pot and press the "keep warm" function. Let the chicken sit in the cream sauce for a minute before serving.
- Read the instant pot manufacture's manual guide before using it.
- Season the chicken under the skin as well for extra flavor.
- Use fresh spinach instead of frozen.
Leave a Reply