30-minute easy keto butter chicken. This delicious recipe is a popular Indian recipe. Low Carb and perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
This keto butter chicken is marinated in yogurt and spices then simmered in a tomato cream sauce. I like blending the sauce for two reasons. It crushes the mustard and cumin seeds and pulls the spices throughout the entire sauce. And of course, I love a smooth texture for keto butter chicken. This is the perfect low carb keto dinner recipe. I served this with cauliflower steamed rice. You can serve it with low carb naan or anything you’d like.
Keto Butter Chicken
Flavorful and delicious keto butter chicken that’s keto friendly AND low carb! Make this in under 30 minutes for an easy, healthy weeknight dinner.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leave
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri powder
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 1/2 tbsp garam masala, Kashmiri powder, salt, and pepper.
- Coat the chicken with the yogurt mixture and set aside.
- Warm up 1 tbsp of butter and oil in a large skillet.
- Cook the chicken 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, cinnamon stick, and bay leave.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the seeds start to pop.
- Add the remaining garam masala and cook for an additional 15 seconds.
- Add the onions and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the remaining ginger garlic paste and cook for an additional 15 seconds.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Discard the cinnamon stick and bay leave.
- Blend the tomato mixture until smooth.
- Place the tomato mixture back in the skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the heavy cream and remaining butter.
- Add the chicken, cover, and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Serving Size: 6 servings
Keywords: keto chicken, low carb chicken, keto recipes, keto butter chicken,