30-minute easy keto butter chicken. This delicious recipe is a popular Indian recipe. Low Carb and perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
This keto butter chicken is marinated in yogurt and spices then simmered in a tomato cream sauce. I like blending the sauce for two reasons. It crushes the mustard and cumin seeds and pulls the spices throughout the entire sauce. And of course, I love a smooth texture for keto butter chicken. This is the perfect low carb keto dinner recipe. I served this with cauliflower steamed rice. You can serve it with low carb naan or anything you’d like.
More Keto Ideas
Keto Butter Chicken
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leave
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri powder
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 1/2 tbsp garam masala, Kashmiri powder, salt, and pepper.
- Coat the chicken with the yogurt mixture and set aside.
- Warm up 1 tbsp of butter and oil in a large skillet.
- Cook the chicken 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, cinnamon stick, and bay leave.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the seeds start to pop.
- Add the remaining garam masala and cook for an additional 15 seconds.
- Add the onions and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the remaining ginger garlic paste and cook for an additional 15 seconds.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Discard the cinnamon stick and bay leave.
- Blend the tomato mixture until smooth.
- Place the tomato mixture back in the skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the heavy cream and remaining butter.
- Add the chicken, cover, and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.