The Ultimate Shrimp Scampi Recipe! Ready in under 15 minutes, serve this over rice or pasta for an amazing quick weeknight meal.
If you love fresh garlic, lemon, and quick meals then this is the recipe for you. Who doesn’t love a delicious effortless meal? You can use any size shrimp you have on hand. You may even use lobster tails or scallops instead of shrimp. This dish is all about the sauce. Made with fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, butter, red crushed pepper, white wine, and salt.
Not a fan of wine? Use chicken stock or pasta cooking water.
How to Make Shrimp Scampi – Step by Step
Melt some butter and oil in a large skillet and season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and paprika. (photo 1)
After cooking the shrimp for 30 seconds on each side, add the garlic, zest, butter, red crushed pepper, and cook for an additional 20 seconds. (photo 2)
Add the lemon juice and white wine and cook until the wine reduces by half. (photo 3)
Stir in the pasta if desired and serve immediately. (photo 4)
Important Tips for Successful Shrimp Scampi:
- Do not overcook the shrimp or else they will be rubbery and tough.
- If using pasta, make sure to coat every strand of pasta in the sauce.
- Use 1/2 cup of wine for every 1/2 lb of pasta.
- Use peeled and deveined shrimp, for best results.
More Shrimp Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Creamy Garlic Shrimp
- Shrimp Marinade
- Coconut Shrimp Curry
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
- 1 lb Shrimp
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp red crushed pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Add the olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the seasoned shrimp and cook for 30 seconds on each side.
- Stir in the red crushed pepper, lemon zest, and garlic.
- Add the lemon juice and white wine and cook until the wine reduces by half.
- Stir in the remaining butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired and serve immediately.
- I highly suggest seasoning the shrimp with paprika to give it some color.
- Double the sauce recipe, if you like it extra saucy.