A delicious, moist, and super easy to make coffee cake. Loaded with cream cheese, lemon zest, and fresh blueberries. This lemon blueberry cream cheese coffee cake is the ultimate breakfast. Serve this buttery tender cake with a cup of coffee or tea.
I admit I’m not a huge fan of coffee cake with a crumb topping. There I said it. I prefer an easy sprinkling of powdered sugar. This is hands down the best coffee cake I’ve ever had. Super crumbly, moist, tender, and buttery.
If you’re looking for the best coffee cake recipe, then look no further cause you have found it!
Let’s talk about cream cheese. The cream cheese and butter mixture add so much flavor and moisture it’s truly divine. Also, love the tang that the lemon zest adds. Blueberries and lemon just go together.
Ingredient’s You’ll Need:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Lemon Zest
- Cream Cheese
- Unsalted Butter
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Lemon Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch cake pan and set aside.
Mix the eggs, vanilla extract, sugar, lemon zest, softened butter and softened cream cheese until well incorporated.
Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well combined.
Fold in the blueberries. Pour the batter into the buttered cake pan. Bake for 38 minutes.
Serve with powdered sugar if desired.
- Do not overmix the cake batter.
- Make sure the unsalted butter and cream cheese are completely softened.
- Do not overbake the cake.
Although this recipe is super delicious as is, you may swap out the blueberries for any berries you’d like. Also if you’re not a fan of lemon zest simply omit it.
What Other Fruits Can I Use?
Other Cake Recipes You’ll Enjoy
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake
- Lemon Cake With Cream Cheese Buttercream
- Salted Caramel Apple Cake
- Nutella Cheesecake
Lemon Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries fresh
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the lemon zest, softened unsalted butter and softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and mix.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of blueberries. Pour the batter into a buttered 9-inch baking pan and smooth the top. Add the remaining blueberries to the top and press the blueberries down a bit.
- Bake for 37 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Let the coffee cake come to room temperature, garnish with powdered sugar and enjoy!
- Do not overmix the batter.
- Do not overbake the cake.