This Nutella Cheesecake will look amazing on your Christmas table this year. Or on your lap as well. I don’t judge. I hate sounding like a snob, but make sure to use good quality ingredients when making cheesecake at home. It takes a bit of effort and time to make so you want to make sure it’s amazing. I refuse to change my base cheesecake recipe so if you’ve made my other cheesecake recipes in the past then all you have to do is add Nutella and that’s it.
You can get fancy and throw a bunch of Ferrero Rocher on top or even frost it with Nutella instead of a chocolate ganache like I did. I do recommend following this recipe to a T because it was incredible. My entire house smelled like Nutella. Everyone loved it.
Those are my fingerprints on top of the ganache. Shame on me.
You can serve it like this straight out of the fridge, and it will be delicious but it won’t be as pretty.
This cheesecake is a chocolate lovers dream! The creamy Nutella cheesecake is topped with a rich chocolate ganache. Serve with berries for a delicious date night dessert.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 85 minutes
- Total Time: 95 minutes
- Yield: 8 people
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 6 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 1 tbsp Nutella
- 24 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 10 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Wrap an 8-inch springform pan with aluminum foil, Set aside.
- Add melted butter and 1 tbsp Nutella to the graham cookie crumbs and mix until well combines. Press mixture onto the bottom of an 8-in. springform pan, Set aside.
- For filling, beat the softened cream cheese and 1 cup Nutella until smooth.
- Add sugar, sour cream, and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated, do not over mix.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- To prepare the water bath, place the 8-inch springform pan into a larger baking dish and pour in some boiling water, about 1 inch of water.
- Place the cheesecake in the prepared water bath in the oven and let it bake for 10 minutes.
- Ten minutes later reduce the heat to 300 F and let it bake for an additional 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and let it sit in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Open the oven doors slightly and let it sit for an additional 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove cheesecake from water bath and run a knife along the sides
- Let the cheesecake cool at room temperature for about 1 hour and then place it in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
- To make the chocolate ganache, place the heavy cream and 4 tbsp butter in a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes or until the butter melts completely and the cream is warm.
- Pour the cream mixture over the semi-sweet chocolate and let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Mix the cream and chocolate until nice and smooth.
- Pour the cooled chocolate ganache over the cheesecake, top with fresh fruit and enjoy!