The most delicious and easiest salted caramel cheesecake completely from scratch!
Salted Caramel Cheesecake is something I never thought I’d try. Was never a fan of salted caramel to be completely honest. That all changed recently because I love salted caramel now. I will never get tired of mentioning that this cheesecake base is the best recipe ever and I use it every single time.
All of my cheesecake recipes were made with this same base. It’s super rich. Do you prefer plain homemade caramel instead of salted caramel? Love salted caramel as much as I do? Check out this delicious salted caramel apple cake.
This is the best-salted caramel recipe ever!
I love cheesecake and don’t care how you fill it or how you top it. I’ll always say yes to a slice of cheesecake.
Here are some other delicious cheesecake recipes:
- Funfetti Cheesecake
- Fruity Pebble Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cognac Cheesecake
- Japanese Cotton Cheesecake
- Nutella Cheesecake
This Salted Caramel Cheesecake is something you just have to try. The creamiest and most delicious cheesecake I've ever made.
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 6 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 24 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Wrap an 8-inch springform pan with aluminum foil, Set aside.
- Add melted butter to the graham cookie crumbs and press onto the bottom of an 8-in. springform pan, Set aside.
- For filling, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, sour cream, and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated, do not over mix.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- To prepare the water bath, place the 8-inch springform pan into a larger baking dish and pour in some boiling water, about 1 inch of water.
- Place the cheesecake in the prepared water bath in the oven and let it bake for 10 minutes.
- Ten minutes later reduce the heat to 300 F and let it bake for an additional 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and let it sit in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Open the oven doors slightly and let it sit for an additional 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove cheesecake from water bath and run a knife along the sides
- Let the cheesecake cool at room temperature for about 1 hour and then place it in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
- To make the caramel sauce, cook the sugar over medium heat in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves.
- Once the sugar dissolves, keep a close eye on it, sugar burns quickly.
- Once it turns into a copper color, add the butter and whisk until the butter melts completely.
- Stir in the heavy cream slowly and mix until well incorporated.
- Cook for an additional minute.
- Remove from the stove and stir in the salt.
- Transfer the caramel to a heatproof container.
- Pour the cooled caramel all over the cheesecake and sprinkle some coarse salt over the caramel.
- Serve cold and enjoy!