When I was a teenager I was obsessed with T.G.I Fridays Loaded Mashed Potatoes and Jack Daniels chicken. Nowadays, I prefer cooking at home and if I’m eating out it’s either Indian or Mexican Food. Back to the mashed potatoes, they were loaded with some cheese, bacon, butter, and garlic. No big deal! They were so simple to make. Just cook the potatoes, add the ingredients, and mix. Easy enough?
More Potato Recipes:
Loaded Mashed Potatoes
Servings: 8 servings
These mashed potatoes are stuffed with cheese, bacon, and scallions which makes it loaded with flavor. Just a few added steps beyond what it takes for normal mashed potatoes and you've got the most filling and satisfying recipe for an amazing side dish.
- 5-6 red or russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 5 strips bacon chopped
- handful of green onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with water, add the potatoes and bring to a boil. cook for about 25 minutes or until soft
- While the potatoes are cooking, cook some bacon and give it a rough chop.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them
- Add the butter, cream cheese, heavy cream, milk, minced garlic, cheddar cheese, and bacon
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 624mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 470IU | Vitamin C: 7.8mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 1.3mg