When it comes to a low carb diet, desserts can be quite challenging. In fact, I avoided desserts completely while “dieting” in the past. However, that’s recently changed. I still can’t believe these are low carb and gluten-free. Whaaaat? That’s right.
These Low Carb Vanilla Cupcakes are super moist. I used butter, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, etc. So still some yummy stuff in there.
Eating a low carb diet does not mean savory only. You can still enjoy sweets. I tried sugar-free desserts a couple of years ago and I thought “Nope“. Heres the thing, my brain is a little tricky. If I eat pizza for dinner, chocolate cake for dessert, and then eat these a couple hours later, I will toss them out. I’m being super honest here. Now, if I eat a low carb diet all week, and then have one of these I will worship them with a cup of coffee. Sugar-free and low carb desserts are very different from regular desserts.
The best part about these is how moist and soft they are. So yum. Also, super easy to make. The first time I made these I used 1/2 cup of sour cream and found them a bit too dry. So I then tried doubling the sour cream and voila. Perfect!
So adorable 🙂
Low Carb Vanilla Cupcakes
Low Carb moist vanilla cupcakes! Make these and enjoy them in less than 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 27 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- 4 tbsp softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp Natural Xylitol Sweetener
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup sour cream
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sweetener (Swerve)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the unsalted butter and Xylitol until smooth.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter evenly into your muffin tin and bake for 27 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- To make the buttercream, mix the butter, powdered sweetener, and vanilla extract for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the milk and mix for an additional minute or two on high speed.
- Using a star tip and piping bag, frost the cooled cupcakes and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 10 servings
Disclosure: I am not a nutritionist nor a Doctor. Consult with a Physician before starting a new diet.