Million Dollar Spaghetti is pasta tossed with crushed tomatoes, beef, lots of cheese and then baked to perfection!
My cousin requested this recipe and I thought it was such a silly recipe because of its name, but it did sound good, so I gave in. Glad I did. This was the first time I ever combine cottage cheese and spaghetti. No regrets. My mom’s friend adds cottage cheese to her lasagna and I always found it kind of odd. Not anymore.
Cream cheese and cottage cheese when combined is absolutely delicious. You may use any kind of pasta you prefer but I think spaghetti is perfect for this.
Million Dollar Spaghetti
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium-low heat, add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic, cook until fragrant.
- Add the beef and cook until fully browned, season with oregano, granulated garlic, chili powder, red chili flakes, tomato paste, salt, and pepper.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, stir and let it simmer covered over medium-low heat for 1 hour.
- Combine the cottage cheese and cream cheese, season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cooked spaghetti in a casserole dish and combine with the cottage cheese mixture.
- Ladle the meat sauce over the spaghetti.
- Add the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and oregano on top and place it in the broiler for 5-10 minutes or until the mozzarella cheese is completely melted.