My cousin requested this recipe and I thought it was such a pinteresty recipe but it did sound good, so I gave in. Glad I did. This was the first time I ever combine cottage cheese and spaghetti. No regrets. My mom’s friend adds cottage cheese to her lasagna and I always found it kind of odd but I may add some to the next lasagna I make.
Cream cheese and cottage cheese when combined is absolutely delicious. You may use any kind of pasta you prefer but I think spaghetti is perfect for this.
Million Dollar Spaghetti
This is the best spaghetti dish I’ve ever made because it is so cheesy, so creamy and delicious. The meat sauce and the cheese blend together, this is like a spaghetti meets lasagna.
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 75
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium-low heat, add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic, cook until fragrant.
- Add the beef and cook until fully browned, season with oregano, granulated garlic, chili powder, red chili flakes, tomato paste, salt, and pepper.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, stir and let it simmer covered over medium-low heat for 1 hour.
- Combine the cottage cheese and cream cheese, season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cooked spaghetti in a casserole dish and combine with the cottage cheese mixture.
- Ladle the meat sauce over the spaghetti.
- Add the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and oregano on top and place it in the broiler for 5-10 minutes or until the mozzarella cheese is completely melted.