These M&M brownies are soft and chewy. Loaded with chocolate m&m candies and baked to perfection. The ultimate fudgy brownies with a deep chocolaty flavor.
Enjoy these with a cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk. I always make these m&m brownies for parties and they never disappoint.
I’ll start off by saying that brownies are my number one choice of dessert. If I had to choose between cookies, brownies, and pie it will always be homemade brownies. The best part is that you can literally fill them with so many different toppings. Walnuts, candies, Oreos, cookie dough, cheesecake and etc. Although I think m&ms are my favorite!
How Do You Make M&M Brownies?
The first thing you want to do is grease a baking dish with nonstick spray or butter. Combine the all-purpose flour, salt, and cocoa powder in a bowl and set aside. Melt the butter and chocolate and then add 1/2 cup of m&ms. Stir in the sugar and let it cool a bit. Incorporate the room temperature eggs one at a time while stirring. Add the vanilla extract and finally fold in the flour mixture and remaining m&ms. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 45 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F. Let it cool completely before eating.
Top Tips and Recipe Variations
- Do not overbake the brownies. I recommend them a little underdone rather than overbaked. Overbaking your brownies will cause them to be extremely dry.
- Be careful not to overmix the brownie batter, that could result in cakey brownies.
- Add any type of m&ms you have on hand. Milk chocolate or peanut butter m&m candies work just as well.
- Use a good quality unsweetened cocoa powder and butter if your budget allows it.
I have been making this same brownie recipe for over 7 years. One of my first recipes on Youtube was made with this exact brownie base. Hopefully, you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do and eventually share it with all of your family and friends!
More Dessert Recipes
You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter 6 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup m&ms divided
- Grease a baking pan with butter and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the all purpose flour, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl. Stir until smooth. Add 1/2 cup m&ms.
- Stir in the sugar and then remove from the heat.
- Let the sugar and chocolate mixture cool down a bit.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour mixture then pour the batter into the greased baking dish.
- Add the remaining m&ms on top of the brownie batter.
- Bake for 45-60 mins or until done.
- Let the brownies cool before eating.
Debora Lawrence says
Six ounces of butter is a stick and a half. The recipe asks for 1 and 1/4 sticks which would be 5 ounces. Could you clarify?
Thank you so much, Debora! I just fixed it. I used 6 ounces.