This pesto tortellini salad is packed with flavor and super easy to make. Made with just 4 ingredients in under 20 minutes!
The best part about this pasta salad is that you can enjoy it cold, hot, or at room temperature. It goes great with grilled chicken thighs, BBQ grilled shrimp, or chicken Milanese. You can also add store-bought rotisserie chicken to the salad and serve it as a main course on a busy weeknight.
- Pesto – You can use homemade or store-bought pesto. If using store-bought, make sure it’s good quality.
- Tortellini – I highly recommend using fresh tortellini that can be found in the refrigerated section at your supermarket.
- Tomatoes – Grape or cherry tomatoes work best for this recipe.
- Mozzarella Balls – If you can’t find fresh mozzarella balls, buy regular fresh mozzarella and slice it into bite-sized pieces.
Top Tips For The Ultimate Tortellini Salad
- Don’t overcook the tortellini otherwise, it will fall apart and become mushy.
- If you want some crunch, add some crispy bacon, pine nuts, or chopped walnuts.
- Make sure to season the tomatoes with Kosher salt before adding it to the salad.
- If you don’t have fresh mozzarella on hand, feel free to add some goat cheese or the cheese of your choice.
- Feel free to add as many veggies and herbs as you’d like! This tortellini salad should be adjusted to your liking.
Can I Still Make This Without Pesto?
If you don’t have pesto on hand I recommend substituting it with Italian dressing.
I like to make this salad in a large bowl with a tight lid so that if there are any leftovers, it’s easy to store. This salad will last 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
More Recipes You Might Enjoy
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. And consider following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Pesto Tortellini Salad
- 1 lb cooked tortellini fresh or frozen
- 1 cup pesto
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved and seasoned
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls drained
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with a generous amount of kosher salt.
- Cook the tortellini pasta for 2 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and season with Kosher salt.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix until well combined. Check for seasoning and enjoy!