There is nothing better than combining frozen fruits with milk and honey. This pink dragon fruit lemon smoothie is the ultimate breakfast meal and it’s super refreshing. Made in under 5 minutes with just a handful of ingredients!
If you omit the honey, you’ll end up with the best vegan smoothie. I used almond milk but whole milk, skim milk, or oat milk works just as well. In fact, you can even use coconut water or plain yogurt. This smoothie recipe is super versatile and easy to make. Please feel free to adjust it to your personal taste.
What Does Dragon Fruit Taste Like?
Some people think it tastes like a cross between a kiwi and a pear. Dragon Fruit is a tropical fruit native to Central America but it can be purchased pretty much anywhere.
Can I Use Fresh Fruit Instead of Frozen?
You may but keep in mind that frozen fruit will always give you a creamier texture without having to add any ice. If you use fresh bananas and dragon fruit you’ll have to add some ice to give it that smoothie consistency.
If you enjoyed this pink dragon fruit smoothie, then you will love this mango banana smoothie and this Ethiopian Spris. You can also find other delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Pink Dragon Fruit Lemon Smoothie
- 1/3 cup pink dragon fruit peeled and frozen
- 2 cups almond milk or whole milk
- 2 bananas peeled and frozen
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 1 tbsp honey or to taste
- Add the dragon fruit, milk, bananas, lemon juice, and honey to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Make sure to freeze the dragon fruit and bananas for a creamier texture.
- Add more milk to thin out the smoothie if you don't like it too thick.