Shrimp marinade is the perfect weeknight meal because it’s quick, easy, and full of flavor! An easy appetizer, lunch, or dinner option.
The perfect make-ahead recipe for a large gathering. Ready in under 10 minutes and Low Carb and Keto-Friendly.
One of my readers requested a shrimp recipe without white wine and finally, here is the perfect recipe. You technically don’t have to marinate the shrimp overnight but this is the perfect recipe if you want to make it ahead of time.
By now you probably know how much I love shrimp, I’m always sharing shrimp recipes. Saucy shrimp, tomato and basil shrimp, Jack Daniel’s chicken and shrimp, are some of my favorite shrimp recipes that I believe you will enjoy as well.
- olive oil
- garlic cloves
- hot sauce
- fresh lemon juice
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
How Do You Make Shrimp Marinade?
Warm-up some oil and fresh garlic over medium-high heat and then let it cool completely. Season the shrimp and then place the shrimp along with the garlic oil mixture, lemon juice, parsley, and hot sauce in a plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
The following day, let the shrimp come to room temperature and then cook for 2 minutes or until the shrimp are fully cooked through.
How To Peel And Devein Shrimp
To peel shrimp, pull off the legs of the shrimp and use your thumb to crack the shell open. To devein shrimp, make a shallow cut along the back of the shrimp and remove the vein with the tip of your knife.
Tips For The Perfect Shrimp
- Cook the shrimp for about 30 seconds o each side or until they turn pink. Overcooking shrimp will result in tough shrimp.
- Although I suggested how much hot sauce to use for this recipe, add as much or as little as you like.
- Always use fresh lemon when cooking with seafood.
- Use raw shrimp instead of cooked shrimp for this meal. Fresh or frozen shrimp works.
- The shrimp should marinate for at least an hour for best results.
What Do I Serve This With?
I love to serve this with creamy mashed potatoes or a simple tomato avocado salad. Feel free to enjoy this with roasted vegetables as well.
More Shrimp Recipes
You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil and minced fresh garlic to a small skillet and cook over low heat for 1 minute.
- Let the oil and garlic mixture cool completely.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Place the shrimp, oil and garlic mixture, hot sauce, parsley, and hot sauce in a plastic bag and mix it thoroughly.
- Refrigerate it for an hour or overnight.
- Let the shrimp come to room temperature and cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes along with the oil mixture.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Leave a Reply