Strawberry cobbler made from scratch! Serve this cold or warm with vanilla ice cream for the ultimate win.
The idea for this stemmed from strawberries being on sale. Always take advantage of sales. I was thinking strawberry pie at first but then I thought, “do I really want to make pie dough?”.
So here is an easy recipe for strawberry cobbler that requires minimal effort and ingredients. What’s better than that? I’ll tell you what’s better, serving this warm with vanilla ice cream. Nothing beats that.
Thanksgiving dessert or BBQ dessert! You choose. I highly recommend using fresh strawberries for this recipe. Slice or finely chop the strawberries, your choice. But whatever you do, please serve this with vanilla ice cream.
Can I use canned strawberries instead of fresh?
I highly recommend using fresh strawberries for this recipe.
Other than ice cream what can I serve this strawberry cobbler with?
Whipped Cream goes perfectly with this cobbler.
More Dessert Ideas
- 1- pint strawberries
- 1 cup sugar divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ounces melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse and slice strawberries into thin slices.
- Place the sliced strawberries in a large bowl and combine with 1/2 cup sugar, set aside.
- In a large separate large bowl, combine the milk, melted butter, vanilla extract, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the flour mixture into an oven-safe dish.
- Place the strawberry mixture on top of the batter evenly. Do not mix.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until done.
- Enjoy warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.