These sugar cookies with icing are the perfect addition to your holiday menu. You can eat these plain or with some icing and sprinkles, either way, they will melt in your mouth!
Have you been looking for the perfect cookie recipe this year? Well look no further cause these cookies are super soft, chewy, and delicious.
I don’t really have many cookie recipes on my website, in fact, I only have monster cookies and chocolate chip cookies. Those are equally as good as these soft sugar cookies. These cookies are super easy to make and they literally melt in your mouth, so good.
What I love most about this cookie recipe?
The dough comes together very quickly and they taste great with or without icing.
All I’m saying is, you guys really need to make these sugar cookies this holiday season!
Scoop the dough, roll it into golf sized balls and bake them that way as well if you don’t have cookie cutters. Make these a couple days ahead and place them in an airtight container, if you’d like. You can also freeze the dough as well. These sugar cookies are super versatile. You may enjoy them with sprinkles, without, with cream cheese frosting, plain, etc.
I prefer them plain. I enjoyed these so much I’m shocked I only have a few cookie recipes. I’ll definitely be sharing more cookie recipes in the future.
I prefer my cookies soft and chewy but if you like them a little firm with crispier edges bake them 2-3 minutes longer than suggested.
Sugar Cookies with Icing
Soft and chewy sugar cookies with icing and sprinkles! Incredibly delicious cookies that your friends and family will love.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies
- Cuisine: American
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (12 tbsp)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp corn syrup
- To make the cookies, mix the softened butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the egg, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Wrap the dough with plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Once the cookie dough is chilled, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin and a sprinkling of flour.
- Cut out the cookies and place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- To make the icing, whisk the powdered sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Make sure the cookies are completely cooled before icing.
For firm cookies with crispy edges bake for 12-15 minutes.
If you want to frost the entire batch of cookies, I suggest tripling the icing recipe.
Keywords: sugar cookies with icing