Sugar Cookies with Icing are the perfect addition to your holiday menu. You can eat these plain or with some icing and sprinkles, either way, they will melt in your mouth!
Have you been looking for the perfect cookie recipe this year? Well look no further cause these cookies are super soft, chewy, and delicious.
Why these sugar cookies with icing are so good
- You can make these on a random weeknight when you’re craving a sugar cookie or you can make these during the holidays since they make the best cut out cookies!
- They taste just as good without the icing and sprinkles.
- If you’re feeling festive, ice these and decorate them with holiday sprinkles.
- The dough comes together very quickly
Ingredient’s you’ll need:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Unsalted Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar
- Corn syrup
- I prefer my cookies soft and chewy but if you like them a little firm with crispier edges bake them 2-3 minutes longer than suggested.
- Scoop the dough, roll it into golf-sized balls and bake them that way as well if you don’t have cookie cutters.
- You can also freeze the dough as well. These sugar cookies are super versatile. You may enjoy them with sprinkles, without, with cream cheese frosting, plain, etc.
Can I make these cookies in advance?
Make these a couple of days ahead and place them in an airtight container, if you’d like. You may also prepare the dough and freeze it until you’re ready to use it.
How to freeze cookie dough:
Place the dough in a plastic storage bag and label it with the date, temperature and time the cookies should bake for, and the name of the cookies. Freeze cookie dough up to three months.
More Cookie Recipes:
Sugar Cookies with Icing
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter 12 tbsp
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp corn syrup
- To make the cookies, mix the softened butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the egg, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Wrap the dough with plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Once the cookie dough is chilled, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin and a sprinkling of flour.
- Cut out the cookies and place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- To make the icing, whisk the powdered sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Make sure the cookies are completely cooled before icing.