Chocolate lovers are going to love this recipe because these are extremely chocolaty and rich. You should enjoy these with some coffee or a cold glass of milk. Some chocolate cookies taste like a vanilla cookie with a few chocolate chips tossed in. If I’m going to eat a chocolate cookie I want it to taste super chocolaty.
These cookies taste nothing like a chocolate chip cookie, they kind of remind me of brownies. You’ll need a sip of milk after every 2 bites. That’s not a bad thing.
Can I omit the chocolate chips and add M&M’s instead?
Absolutely. Because we’re using cocoa powder you don’t necessarily have to add the chocolate chips. Although, if you omit the chocolate chips and only use cocoa powder you may no longer call them double chocolate cookies. Since we’re only using one type of chocolate.
How Long Do I Bake These Cookies For?
You’ll notice that these cookies don’t spread out much and that’s perfectly fine. I baked these for 12 minutes, don’t bake these for more than 15 minutes.
How to Make Double Chocolate Cookies
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
If your unsalted butter isn’t softened microwave it for a couple of seconds until its soft.
Sift the unsweetened cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt.
Using an electric mixer, mix the softened unsalted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until well combined.
Add the egg and vanilla extract to the butter mixture and mix well.
Add the sifted all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and mix well
Fold in the 3/4 cups of the milk chocolate chips.
Using a small scoop or a tbsp, scoop the dough onto a baking sheet and add the remaining milk chocolate chips on top.
Bake for 10-12 minutes
Don’t Like Milk Chocolate?
Use dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate.
As you can see double chocolate cookies from scratch are not that hard to make, and you most likely have every ingredient on hand. These are the best chocolate cookies you will have, hands down!
Check Out These Other Delicious Recipes:
Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 8 tbsp unsalted softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift the all-purpose flour, salt, baking soda, and unsweetened cocoa powder, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the sifted flour mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Fold in 3/4 cups milk chocolate chips.
- Using a small scoop, scoop about 1 tbsp of cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Top off the cookies with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Leave a Reply