These zucchini chocolate chip muffins are super soft and delicious. Perfect for breakfast, a quick snack, or dessert!
If your family isn’t a fan of vegetables, it doesn’t matter, they’re still going to love these! You won’t really taste the zucchini but it adds tons of moisture to baked goods.
Why You’ll Love This Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- Perfect for those who plant their own vegetables and also perfect for when zucchini is in season!
- An awesome way to sneak in veggies for those picky eaters.
- Inexpensive and super easy to make.
- Chocolaty, super moist, and they literally melt in your mouth!
Zucchini – I like to grate it with a box grater or food processor. I used only one zucchini for this recipe.
Chocolate Chips – You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or semi-sweet chocolate chips. Any chocolate of your choice works!
How To Make
- Grate the zucchini and discard any excess liquid. To drain the zucchini simply place it in a paper towel and squeeze it. That will remove a good amount of water.
- In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Don’t overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Scoop the batter into each cupcake liner 3/4’s of the way full. Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F.
Top Tips And Flavor Variations
- You can use any type of squash! Use yellow squash instead of zucchini.
- Add walnuts for some crunch.
- Don’t over-bake the muffins or else they will turn out dry.
Can I Substitute Carrots For Zucchini?
Yes, of course! Although you’ll have to call them carrot muffins instead.
Can I Peel The Zucchini?
You can, but there is no need.
How Can I Tell When They’re Fully Cooked?
Take a knife or a toothpick and insert it into the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean, it’s fully baked. Although, it’s perfectly fine if it has a few little moist crumbs.
Does This Taste Like Zucchini Bread?
Kind of, it’s just as moist and delicious but these are better to serve at large gatherings. No plates are necessary!
More Breakfast Recipes
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. And consider following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups grated zucchini I used 1 zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Grate the zucchini and remove any excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, vanilla extract, brown sugar, white sugar, vegetable oil, and grated zucchini. Mix well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until well combined but don't over-mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Scoop the batter into each cupcake liner 3/4's of the way full. Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy!