Apple Slab Pie is super easy to make and the perfect pie for Thanksgiving that will leave your guests completely satisfied.
The hardest part about this apple slab pie recipe is chopping the apples but no worries, no peeling required. The Holidays are fast approaching and what’s better than a slice of apple pie a la mode? A huge pan of apple pie. I used hearts and circles since I didn’t have leaf cookie cutters, so cut me some slab. I mean slack.
What can I serve this with?
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate Syrup
More Dessert Recipes
Apple Slab Pie
- 4 pie crusts
- 10 apples sliced thinly (I used 8 granny smith and 2 red apples)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
Egg Wash :
- 1 large egg
- splash of water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll 2 pie crusts into a 17x12 inch rectangle.
- Place the pie crust on a 15x10x1 baking sheet, pressing into corners and removing any excess pie crust.
- Place the pan in the fridge.
- Slice the apples thinly and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the cinnamon, vanilla extract, water, and sugars. Cook for 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens up nicely.
- Combine the apples with the butter mixture and toss until all the apples are evenly coated.
- Place the apple filling into the baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out your desired shapes with the remaining pie crust.
- Place the cutouts on top of the apple pie filling, brush the cutouts with egg wash, and sprinkle some crystal sugar on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!