Boy does this caramel sauce taste good! This is hands down the best homemade salted caramel recipe ever! Dip some apples or drizzle it over vanilla ice cream.
Last year my salted caramel cheesecake was a huge hit at both Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I wanted to share a post on how to make the caramel sauce by itself. This is super easy and requires sugar, butter, and heavy cream. That’s it. Three ingredients to make the worlds best dessert sauce.
You can do so many things with homemade caramel, you can drizzle it over ice cream, brownies, cakes, cupcakes, cheesecakes, etc.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Cook the sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves completely and turns into a copper color.
- Add the butter and use a whisk to stir.
- Once the butter melts completely, pour in the heavy cream slowly and wish until well combined.
- Cook for an additional minute and then remove from heat.
- Let the caramel sauce cool completely before enjoying!
Use salted butter and add 1 tsp of salt if you want to make salted caramel.