Enjoy every shred of this juicy barbacoa beef packed with delicious flavors. Perfect for any day of the week!
This Barbacoa Beef was slow cooked to perfection. I prefer eating shredded beef at home because I control the fat. Most places leave chunks of fat in their shredded beef and I’m not a fan. I prefer lean shredded beef. This recipe was amazing and super easy. Yes, it takes 4 hours to cook but you’re not really doing anything.
You can definitely taste the chipotle and lime! I love that. Spice it up any way you’d like but I definitely recommend using cumin and oregano. Enjoy this with corn tortillas or grain-free tortillas. Guacamole? Raw onions? All of it. Go for it!
Just look at how juicy this looks!
More Recipe Ideas
- 4 lb chuck roast
- 1 large onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 tbsp chipotle sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the beef with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Sear the beef for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Place the onion, garlic, lime juice, chipotle peppers, and adobo sauce in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the chipotle mixture, cumin, oregano, bay leaves, vinegar, beef broth, salt and pepper with the beef.
- Close with a lid, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 4 hours or until completely tender.
- Shred with two forks or with tongs.
Leave a Reply