Enjoy every shred of this juicy barbacoa meat packed with delicious flavors. Perfect for any day of the week!
This Barbacoa Beef was slow cooked to perfection. I prefer eating shredded beef at home because I control the fat. Most places leave chunks of fat in their shredded beef and I’m not a fan. I prefer lean shredded beef. This recipe was amazing and super easy. Yes, it takes 4 hours to cook but you’re not really doing anything.
You can definitely taste the chipotle and lime! I love that. Spice it up any way you’d like but I definitely recommend using cumin and oregano. Enjoy this with corn tortillas or grain-free tortillas. Guacamole? Raw onions? All of it. Go for it!
Just look at how juicy this looks!
Tender and juicy beef barbacoa beef slow cooked to perfection. Enjoy these with corn tortillas or grain-free tortillas.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours and 10 minutes
- 4 lb chuck roast
- 1 large onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 tbsp chipotle sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the beef with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Sear the beef for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Place the onion, garlic, lime juice, chipotle peppers, and adobo sauce in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the chipotle mixture, cumin, oregano, bay leaves, vinegar, beef broth, salt and pepper with the beef.
- Close with a lid, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 4 hours or until completely tender.
- Shred with two forks or with tongs.
- Serving Size: 8 servings