Bursting with fresh blueberries, these buttery buttermilk blueberry waffles are the best waffles ever! No need for beating egg whites or fancy ingredients required. Enjoy these for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
There is nothing better than a hot buttermilk blueberry waffle with maple syrup and hot coffee on a cold winter morning. Especially homemade waffles. You can make these with any type of waffle iron. I wanted to make Belgian style waffles but feel free to make thinner ones.
These are super buttery, fluffy, and delicious. I can’t say enough good things about these. Did I mention that they are super easy to make and very pretty to look at? Once you make these, you’ll never make plain waffles ever again.
Ingredient’s You’ll Need:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Unsalted Melted Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Blueberries
Step By Step Process
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spray the waffle iron with a nonstick spray.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the waffle batter into the hot waffle iron, add the fresh blueberries, and cook until done. Serve with maple syrup.
Top Tip: Read your waffle iron manufacturer’s manual before using it.
Fresh Or Frozen Blueberries?
You may use either or but just make sure to thaw frozen blueberries before using them. Although, I highly recommend using fresh blueberries if they’re in season.
How Can I Make These Ahead Of Time?
You have two options. You may either prepare the batter and place it in an airtight container, refrigerate it, and use it whenever you’re in the mood for a waffle. Or you can cook the waffles in the waffle iron and then place them in a freezer bag and freeze them. Place the frozen waffles in a toaster oven or conventional oven until they’re nice and warm.
How To Serve These Blueberry Waffles…
I highly suggest serving waffles immediately. Waffles tend to lose their crispiness quickly so make sure to serve them as soon as they come out of the waffle iron. Definitely serve these with maple syrup. You may also serve these with fresh fruit, whipped cream, extra butter, powdered sugar, or ice cream.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes You May Enjoy:
Buttermilk Blueberry Waffles
- Waffle Iron
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add the unsalted melted butter, vanilla extract, eggs, and buttermilk. Mix until well combined.
- Spray the waffle iron with nonstick spray. Pour about 1/2 cup of the waffle batter into the waffle iron. Add about 10 blueberries and cook until done.
- Serve with maple syrup and enjoy.