These sweet fluffy lemon blueberry pancakes are my all-time favorite breakfast and a late-night snack. Made in under 10 minutes, these easy pancakes will please the entire family!
Original Pancakes and Blueberry Pancakes are my favorite breakfast to eat on cold winter mornings hands down!
Lemon goes great with everything, in my opinion, so I had to add some to my pancakes.
I didn’t add lemon juice however I did add plenty of fresh lemon zest and it turned out fantastic.
The secret to fluffy soft pancakes? I thought you’d never ask! A generous amount of baking powder will make your pancakes rise very nicely.
Nothing better than a plate of fluffy pancakes smothered in maple syrup.
Why This Recipe Works:
- The batter isn’t runny therefore it won’t spread all over your skillet.
- No buttermilk required.
- The baking powder helps these nice and fluffy.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Whole Milk
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Unsalted Butter
- lemon zest
- Frozen or Fresh Blueberries
How To Make Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
These pancakes are super easy to make, this is all you have to do:
- Rinse your blueberries and pat them completely dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, egg, unsalted melted butter, and sugar until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Heat some butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat
- Add about 1/4 cup of the batter and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
Top Tip for Lemon Blueberry Pancake Success:
Let the batter be lumpy, do not overmix. A thick lumpy batter makes wonderful fluffy and delicious pancakes.
Blueberries aren’t always in season so frozen blueberries work perfectly fine. Serve these delicious pancakes with some fresh lemon zest, maple syrup, and some hot coffee! I’m almost certain you’ll enjoy these as much as I did.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
Soft Scrambled Eggs
Pineapple Banana Smoothie
Mango Banana Smoothie
Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-2 cups blueberries
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, melted unsalted butter, and sugar.
- Add the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the blueberries and lemon zest.
- Heat some butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add about 1/4 cup to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with maple syrup, extra butter, and enjoy!
- Do not over mix the batter.
- Rinse the blueberries and pat them dry before folding them in the pancake batter.
- Let the melted butter cool before mixing with the egg and milk.
This recipe is the BEST!!!
I made this tonight and they were delicious, thank you for sharing your recipe
Wow looks like a delicious Saturday morning breakfast… definitely going to give this a go. Thanks for sharing