Soft Scrambled eggs are my go-to breakfast, super easy to make and very healthy. Make these buttery soft eggs in under 2 minutes and serve them with fresh fruit or toast!
Doesn’t matter if it’s breakfast, lunch, or dinner time, soft scrambled eggs can be enjoyed any time of day. An average egg contains about 6 grams of protein and the best part about eggs? They’re low carb and keto-friendly.
Most scrambled eggs include milk or cream however I think water works better. A splash of water, occasionally stirring with a spatula, and knowing when to take them off the heat is the key to perfect fluffy scrambled eggs.
Oh and lots of butter and salt. Maybe some fresh chives as well.
Ingredients You’ll Need for Soft Scrambled Eggs:
- Chives (optional)
Season the eggs with salt and pepper when you serve them on a plate.
What’s the Difference Between Hard and Soft Scrambled Eggs?
Hard scrambled eggs are just eggs that are cooked for a longer period of time. Soft eggs are cooked very quickly, are soft, and a tad bit wet.
How to Make Soft Scrambled Eggs – Step by Step
Making perfect scrambled eggs is super easy to make, down below are written instructions and step by step photos:
- Add a 1 tbsp of water to three eggs and whisk really well.
- Add some butter to a small nonstick skillet and cook over medium-high heat.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the skillet and stir occasionally with a silicone spatula.
- Cook for 1 minute, remove off the heat, season with salt and black pepper to taste, and enjoy!
Why are These Eggs so Delicious and Easy to Make?
I thought you’d never ask! Sometimes minimum ingredients can go a long way and that is definitely the case here. We’re using fresh eggs, real butter, fresh chives, and kosher salt! Only four ingredients that I’m almost certain you always have on hand. Serve these with buttered toast, croissant, or by themselves.
What other ingredients can I add?
More delicious breakfast recipes you’ll love:
Soft Scrambled Eggs
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp fresh chives
- Place a small nonstick skillet on the stove, and turn up the heat to medium-high.
- Add the butter and coat the entire skillet with it.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and add the water. Whisk it until its smooth with lots of bubbles.
- Pour the eggs in the skillet and stir constantly using a rubber spatula.
- Cook for one minute. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh chives if desired.
- Season the eggs when they're completely cooked.
- Whisk the eggs with water for about a minute.
- Stir the eggs constantly with a rubber spatula while cooking.