Macaroni salads are a bit tricky. Why? Because many people like it different ways. I have an aunt that likes it sweet and another aunt that likes it sour and salty. I’m somewhere in the middle. Although I don’t add sugar to my macaroni salads I don’t like it too sour therefore I add very little vinegar.
One thing I do love is lots of eggs. My potato or macaroni salad can never have too much egg. I’m not a fan of celery so you’ll never see me including it in any macaroni salad recipe. Feel free to add some if you like. This is definitely one of my favorite pasta salads.
- 7 eggs
- 3/4 lb cavatappi pasta
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp dijon grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp relish
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chives
- Paprika to taste
- In a large pot, cover the eggs with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Place the eggs in a bowl filled with cold water and then peel them.
- Using a fork, smash the eggs until nice and chunky and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayo, dijon mustard, relish, vinegar, salt, pepper, and chives.
- Stir in the cooked pasta.
- Fold in the eggs and check for seasoning.
- Garnish with fresh chives and paprika, if desired.