Refreshing classic lemonade made with real sugar and lemons. With just 3 ingredients and less than 5 minutes, you’ll love this ultimate summer drink!
The fourth of July is fast approaching and you need this lemonade recipe in your repertoire. Just like grandma used to make it only we’re actually going to make a simple syrup. Simple syrup is equal parts water and sugar cooked in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves. Grandma’s lemonade always tasted delicious but she never made a simple syrup so we had to continuously stir the lemonade to distribute the sugar.
A glass of cold lemonade and a tuna salad sandwich will forever be my favorite summer lunch.
Items You’ll Need to Make Lemonade:
- Large Pitcher
How to Make Lemonade:
A summer favorite, you’re going to love this recipe! To make this delicious and refreshing drink here’s all you have to do:
- To make the simple syrup, place the sugar and 2 cups of water in a large saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until the sugar completely dissolves. This should take about 3-4 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- While the simple syrup cools, juice your lemons. You will need about 12 lemons for 2 cups of lemon juice.
- Place the cooled simple syrup in a large pitcher along with the lemon juice, 6 cups of filtered water, and ice.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Definitely, use filtered water for this recipe.
Use ripe and juicy lemons.
Wash the lemons really well the day before to prevent them from getting moldy.
Lemons should be kept at room temperature.
If your lemons are too hard, place them in the microwave for 5-6 seconds to soften them a little. You’ll be able to extract more juice out of them.
What’s better than a hot summer day by the pool and a glass of fresh lemonade? Homemade freshly squeezed lemonade and summer go hand in hand.
More Summer Recipes You’ll Love:
A refreshing summer drink made with only 3 ingredients in under 5 minutes!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups lemon juice about 10-12 lemons
- 6 cups filtered water
Place the sugar and 2 cups of water in a large saucepan and cook until the sugar dissolves. About 3-4 minutes.
Let the sugar water mixture cool completely. While that cools, juice your lemons.
Add the sugar water mixture to a large pitcher along with some ice, lemon juice, and 6 cups of filtered water. Enjoy!
- Use filtered water and make sure the simple syrup is completely cooled before using.
- Use juicy and ripe lemons.