Honey Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread is not only delicious on its own, but it’s also out of this world when served with some flavorful homemade chili!
I’ve been making this cornbread recipe for as long as I can remember. The jalapenos, brown sugar, honey, and cheddar cheese, however, are new additions. And oh they’re here to stay. I’m never making regular cornbread ever again. This cornbread is the most delicious cornbread I’ve ever had.
I think chili and cornbread are a match made in heaven. They just go so well together. Therefore I do think that cornbread should have a bit of a crumble to soak in that chili but I still like a moist semi sweet cornbread. This cornbread has the perfect sweetness to it.
The original cornbread recipe I used for years didn’t require brown sugar or honey but once I added cheddar cheese and jalapenos it killed some of its sweetness, so I had to improvise.
How to serve this Honey Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
Dunk this cornbread in some flavorful homemade chili or serve this with some creamy smothered chicken thighs. Your call.
Check out these other delicious recipes:
Honey Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp diced jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, and honey.
- Stir in the flour mixture and then fold in the jalapenos and cheddar cheese. Do not overmix.
- Melt some butter in a cast iron skillet and brush it all over.
- Place the cornbread mixture into the skillet and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
Best cornbread recipe
Best cornbread recipe out there. I usually make it without jalapeno but this is a hit every time! Love it
I used pickled jalapeños and it ended up quite spicy. I brushed some honey on the top when it was done baking to cut the heat. It was Delicious. I’ll make this again for sure.
So glad you enjoyed it, Ebony!
This recipe is a hit everytime and soo easy to make.
Yay! I’m so glad you enjoyed this recipe xoxo