This instant pot pumpkin fettuccine alfredo is a spin-off on a classic that you will love. There is nothing traditional about this recipe but it is so good and super easy to make!
Recently I shared this delicious Shrimp Pumpkin Alfredo and you guys asked if I could show how to make it in the instant pot. Although I didn’t include the shrimp because I didn’t want the recipes to be identical you may certainly include shrimp. In fact, I encourage it. My family loved this pumpkin fettuccine alfredo and now ask for it all the time. Best part? You can make this year-round.
- Pure Pumpkin
- Fettuccine Pasta – you may use any type of pasta. Although short pasta will cook quicker than fettuccine. If using penne pasta, pressure cook for 3 minutes.
- Fresh Sage
- Red Crushed Pepper
- Heavy Cream
- Salted Butter
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- Granulated Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
Top tips for the Perfect Pumpkin Fettuccine Alfredo
- Make sure to season generously with salt and pepper. Season the water with salt, use salted butter, and add more salt at the end. Pasta, pumpkin, and cream, can be bland without salt and pepper so make sure to season liberally.
- Add fresh sage and red crushed pepper for spice and freshness. Pumpkin and sage just go together.
- Use fresh parmesan cheese if your budget allows.
- As soon as the 7 minutes are up, do a quick release do the pasta doesn’t overcook.
Does this Taste Sweet?
No, pumpkin puree isn’t sweet and we didn’t add any sugar so don’t worry. The pumpkin just adds extra creaminess and a nice orangey color.
What can I Serve this with?
Although most people enjoy this as a main entree with a small salad and garlic bread on the side. You can enjoy this as a side dish. Juicy air fryer steak with a side of this creamy pumpkin fettuccine alfredo always hits the spot!
If you enjoyed this recipe then you will also enjoy this creamy shrimp alfredo pasta. This garlic shrimp fettuccine is another favorite as well! You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Fettuccine Alfredo
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 4 cups water
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 tsp fresh sage
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper optional
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 4 cups of water to the instant pot. Break the fettuccine pasta in half and sprinkle them into the instant pot in random order. It should not be aligned perfectly. Press the fettuccine down gently but do not mix. Add 4 tbsp of salted butter on top of the fettuccine and then place the lid on the pot. Seal the valve. Press the "pressure cook" function and cook for 7 minutes.
- Once the 7 minutes are up, do a quick release by unsealing the valve. Once all of the pressure is released open the lid and stir the pasta for about 1 minute. Add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, pumpkin puree, red crushed pepper, granulated garlic, and sage. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Mix well for about 20 seconds and then press the "saute" function. The saute function will help thicken the sauce. Serve with extra parmesan cheese and enjoy while warm!
- The cooking time does not include the time the instant pot takes to come to pressure.
- Please read the instant pot manual before using it.
I love this dish