These instant pot smothered turkey wings are packed with flavor and super easy to make. Seasoned to perfection with a homemade spice blend and served with the most creamy sauce ever!
What if I told you turkey wings cooked in the instant pot are 10 times tastier than when baked in the oven? Well, I’m here to tell you that these instant pot smothered turkey wings are my new favorite recipe! Tender, mouth-watering, super flavorful wings covered in the most creamy sauce. Serve this with jasmine rice and cornbread for the ultimate dinner.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Turkey Wings
- Fresh Garlic
- Granulated Garlic
- Onion Powder
- Chipotle Chili Powder – If you don’t have this on hand feel free to use regular chili powder, although I love the smokiness the chipotle chili adds. I added a very small amount so this dish isn’t spicy but add more if you like it spicy.
- Unsalted Butter
- All-purpose Flour
- Heavy Cream
Top Tips For The Perfect Turkey Wings
- You only have to pressure cook turkey wings for 25 minutes. The cooking time includes searing the wings, cooking the onions, and thickening the gravy.
- Add all of the remaining spices to the instant pot.
- If you don’t have all-purpose flour, feel free to use cornstarch instead.
Can I Use Chicken Wings Instead Of Turkey Wings?
Yes, but keep in mind that chicken wings are a lot smaller so they will cook a lot quicker.
More Delicious Recipes…
- Honey Baked Turkey Wings
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Creamy Smothered Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken
Instant Pot Smothered Turkey Wings
- Instant Pot
- 4 lbs turkey wings
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder or regular chili powder
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup water plus 3 tbsp
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, granulated garlic, onion powder, paprika, cumin, and chipotle chili powder. Mix well.
- Season the turkey wings on both sides with the spice mixture.
- Press the "saute" function on the instant pot and add about 2 tbsp of oil to the instant pot.
- Cook the turkey wings, side down for 4-5 minutes. Work in batches if you have to.
- Remove the turkey wings from the instant pot and set aside. Add more oil to the instant pot if needed.
- Add the onions and cook for 1-2 minutes. Scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
- Add the turkey wings back into the instant pot along with 1 cup of water and butter.
- Press the "cancel" function. Place the lid on, seal the salve, and cook for 25 minutes. It will take some time for the instant pot to come to pressure.
- Once the 25 minutes are up, do a quick release. Release all of the steam from the instant pot. Open the lid and remove the turkey wings from the instant pot.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tbsp water and 2 tbsp all-purpose flour. Whisk well.
- Press the "saute" function and add the flour mixture to the instant pot. Let the gravy cook for 7-8 minutes while whisking frequently. Once the gravy is nice and thick, stir in the heavy cream. Check for seasoning.
- Serve the turkey wings with the sauce and enjoy!
- Cooking time does not include the amount of time it takes for the instant pot to come to pressure.
- Please read the instant pot manual guide before using it.