Instant Pot Chicken Wings can be enjoyed with any sauce you like. Although, you can enjoy these plain and they’ll make a fantastic low carb meal.
More of my favorite instant pot recipes include Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup, Instant Pot Arroz con Leche, and
Bone in chicken wings will always have my heart. I can do boneless wings every now and then but most of the time I’m whipping up a dozen bone-in wings. If you haven’t tried these crispy chicken wings, oven roasted chicken wings, and baked honey bbq wings, what are you waiting for?
I know sometimes flavors do clash and all that but I’m a huge advocate for seasoning chicken well. Therefore, I seasoned these wings with a spice blend I prepared but I wouldn’t be mad at you for seasoning it to your liking. After all, that’s what cooking is all about.
Like I mentioned before, you can get as creative as you’d like with this recipe. Fresh onions and garlic sauteed alongside the seasoned chicken wings? Go for it! I kept it simple, cause I smothered them in barbecue sauce anyway. If you plan on eating them without sauce, adding fresh garlic and lemon would be great.
For this recipe, I used store-bought bbq sauce but feel free to make your own. Last year I made this delicious Jack Daniels Chicken and Shrimp with the most amazing sauce ever! These honey baked turkey wings also include a wonderful sauce recipe.
Serve these on game day with some ranch or bleu cheese dressing for the ultimate win!
The best part about this recipe?
These chicken wings fully cook through in 10 minutes. Although, to get a nice color on the skin you’re going to want to roast these in the oven for an additional 10 minutes or so. So a total of 20 minutes? You can’t beat that.
The minute these come out of the instant pot I toss them in a bowl with some bbq sauce and then place them in the oven.
Instant pot chicken wings seasoned and cooked to perfection in under 30 minutes.
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken wings
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle about 3 tbsp of oil in your instant pot and press the saute function.
- Once hot, add the chicken wings to the instant pot and season immediately with granulated garlic, onion powder, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Stir the wings and then add the water.
- Seal the lid and press the pressure cooker function. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Once the 10 minutes are up, release the steam from the instant pot completely. Do not open until all of the steam releases.
- Place the wings in a bowl and stir in the bbq sauce until all the wings are completely coated.
- Arrange the wings on a wire rack on top of a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until nice and crisp.
- Enjoy with extra bbq sauce and bleu cheese dressing.
Brush extra bbq sauce on the wings after baking for 10 minutes and broil them for an additional 2 minutes if you like them extra saucy.