Have some overripe bananas that are about to go to waste? Make this incredibly moist and buttery Banana Bread. I folded in chopped walnuts and then topped it off with more walnuts.
The best banana bread is moist and fluffy. This won’t be the sweetest banana bread you’ll have because I made sure of it. I wanted this to have some sweetness to it but not too much. I love banana bread but I don’t like when it tastes too much like banana because then it just tastes like it has banana extract. Not a fan of flavored extracts.
What makes this banana bread super moist? The sour cream and buttermilk. I like to use a combination of both.
I like serving banana bread with softened butter and coffee. I always add walnuts to my banana bread.
Chocolate chips? Peanut Butter? I have the most amazing chocolate peanut butter banana bread.
I baked this for 55 minutes. If you over bake it, it may come out dry so be careful.
Moist Banana Bread
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash the 3 bananas using a fork.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, buttermilk, vegetable oil, white sugar, and brown sugar, mix until well combined.
- Stir in the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Smooth the top and sprinkle the remaining chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until completely done.
- Enjoy with softened butter.
- Serving Size: 6 servings
Keywords: banana bread, moist banana bread, banana walnut bread,