Banana bread is the perfect breakfast or dessert. Made with overripe bananas, buttermilk, sour cream, and chunky walnuts.
The best banana bread is moist and fluffy. This won’t be the sweetest banana bread you’ll have because I made sure of it. I wanted this to have some sweetness to it but not too much. I love banana bread but I don’t like when it tastes too much like banana because then it just tastes like it has banana extract. Not a fan of flavored extracts.
What makes this banana bread super moist?
The sour cream and buttermilk. I like to use a combination of both.
How to serve this banana bread
I like serving banana bread with softened butter and coffee. I always add walnuts to my banana bread.
What other ingredients should I add to this banana bread
Chocolate chips? Peanut Butter? I have the most amazing chocolate peanut butter banana bread.
How long do you bake banana bread for?
I baked this for 55 minutes. If you over bake it, it may come out dry so be careful.
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Japanese Cotton Cheesecake
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- Honey Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
- Instant Pot Arroz con Leche
The most delicious and moist banana recipe you will ever make! Serve warm with butter for breakfast or cold with a cup of hot coffee.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash the 3 bananas using a fork.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, buttermilk, vegetable oil, white sugar, and brown sugar, mix until well combined.
- Stir in the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Smooth the top and sprinkle the remaining chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until completely done.
- Enjoy with softened butter.