This mushroom bolognese is made with carrots, mushrooms, tomato puree, and spaghetti. The ultimate vegan dinner recipe made in under 30 minutes!
Serve this alongside tomato avocado salad and garlic bread for a complete delicious meal.
I served this mushroom bolognese with spaghetti but feel free to serve it with any type of pasta you prefer. Although this is a vegan recipe you may certainly add some cheese or meat to it. It doesn’t have to be a vegan recipe, I just wanted to share some delicious vegan recipes with you guys because variety is good for the soul.
Ingredient’s You’ll Need For The Bolognese Sauce:
- Tomato Puree
- Agave Syrup or Sugar
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make Mushroom Bolognese With Pasta
Start off by cooking the onions and garlic over medium-high heat with some olive oil. Stir in the mushrooms and carrots, and cook until tender. Add the remaining ingredients except for the spaghetti and cook until it thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cooked spaghetti and enjoy!
Do I Have To Use Tomato Puree?
No, you may use crushed tomatoes, peeled tomatoes, tomato sauce, or any type of sauce you prefer.
What Kind Of Mushrooms Should I Use?
Button mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, or any kind you have on hand, work well with this recipe.
Drizzle some truffle oil on top and garnish with fresh basil for the ultimate meal.
More Delicious Spaghetti Recipe Ideas…
You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 3 carrots peeled and cut in ribbons
- 1/2 cup onions finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 tbsp parsley dried or fresh
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning dried
- 1 tbsp agave syrup or sugar to taste
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a non-stick skillet with oil on medium heat. Stir fry onion and garlic. Cook for about 1 minute then add carrot and mushrooms. Cook until tender.
- Add parsley, Italian seasoning, and agave syrup, cook for another 2 minutes. Pour tomato purée in the skillet. Cook until the sauce is a bit thick about 5 minutes then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the cooked spaghetti and enjoy!
Leave a Reply